Author Topic: Chicken at school  (Read 2680 times)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
Chicken at school
« on: June 25, 2009, 14:24:32 »
I have just had our local East Mids news on and it showed a school in Newark, Notts and some low life (caught on cctv) went in an enclosure and killed the kids two pet chickens with a tennis racket, this piece of scum will be caught and I hope he is sent down, out of all this the kids now have ten rescued chickens coming, :(

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Chicken at school
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 18:51:23 »
What a horrible thing!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 19:04:18 »
Let me get at them and I will hit them with my tennis racquet, and it will hurt.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 20:07:46 »
There are some real lowlife Bas**rds around ain't there >:(
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Bjerreby

• Acre
  • Can't wait till spring........
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 06:46:48 »
Such wickedness is enough to make a grown man weep.

While I completely understand many people wanting revenge for this wickedness,  I do think that, as a society, we need to understand these things better.   Pyschopathy and sociopathy are terrible disorders, and so much cruelty could have been avoided if we had taken proper care of our children in the first place.

Lock these people up for as long as necessary to protect societyand animals from them, but punish them? I don't think so. Punishment doesn't always work, and can have often make them worse.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 13:53:07 »
I remember reading "Coming up for air" by George Orwell when I was a boy. There's a bit in it where as boys they find a nest of baby birds and stamp on them for fun... as though this was the kind of thing boys just do. I didn't understand it then and I don't now.

Sometimes animals need to be killed - and there's another long & never finished debate about when that is - but anything other than a quick pain, minimising distress, is unacceptable.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 14:10:03 »
I fail to even begin to understand it >:(

jonny211

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 17:05:41 »
Lock these people up for as long as necessary to protect societyand animals from them, but punish them? I don't think so.

So what would be a suitable method for persuading them not to do this again, a taxpayer funded trip to Eurodisney perhaps?

If it was a child doing this then the parents are responsible, if it's an adult then they must be held to account but letting them off the hook with a warning isn't good enough. I don't know what I'd do if I caught someone on our site doing this, it wouldn't be pretty though and I'd do my damnest to find out where they live, in case of future problems.

Bjerreby

• Acre
  • Can't wait till spring........
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 07:38:38 »
Lock these people up for as long as necessary to protect societyand animals from them, but punish them? I don't think so.

So what would be a suitable method for persuading them not to do this again, a taxpayer funded trip to Eurodisney perhaps?

I never suggested mollycoddling.

I can however assure you I have a decent insight into misbehaving children and adolescents, because I was one. Do you know, I used to steal a clothes pole from a garden, and go down the street popping street lamp bulbs? What's more, I quite liked it if people saw me do it, because that was an outlet for my contempt over their cowardice. My rage was caused by two things:

1.   I was badly abused and neglected in the place we called "home"
2.   Nobody, not the neighbours, my grandparents or teachers intervened in what was going on.

To make it worse, my rage (age about 9) turned on school, where I was regularly whacked by the headmaster, who hadn't a clue about raising children to become decent, mature people. His myopic and conservative view was "spare the rod and spoil the child", which I suppose was the same as the thing that called himself my father.

I repeat, punishment doesn't always work, and in my case, unless two or three decent men hadn't influenced me, I could have gone completely off the rails.

It is about time we took children's upbringing seriously. But then, decent and mature men are in fact rather hard to find aren't they?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 07:43:12 by Bjerreby »

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 09:51:55 »
That is so sad for the children do you remember workers in a turkey farm caught on vidio playing bat and ball with the turkeys they were grown ups.
I was brought up to respect humans and animals the same even now if I stand on my dogs paw or the hens foot I say sorry and stroke them better I feel so bad. I think if children dont have pets as youngsters to take care and play withe them they dont respect and understand they have feelings too.
Yes they need punishment but let it fit the crime, put them to work with injured , neglected  and young animals and get a bond with them and work with them untill the animals are better to find new homes.
They will learn nothing in jail, and the taxpayer is paying, at the end of the day it is down to the parents not everything gets taught in schools parents have to do their bit as well.

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 10:29:54 »
Absolutely agree Bjerreby.
Jackie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal