Produce > Pests & Diseases

White things that look like aphids

(1/2) > >>

Jesse:
Today whilst I was digging out weeds on my plot I noticed that some of the roots have little bugs that look exactly like fat white aphids on them. I'm not sure of what the weed is called, it's a prickly weed with flat leaves and grows very low to the ground with a long white tap root. Are these aphids or something else (I didn't know aphids live underground)? And should I do something about them, will they dissapear over the winter, if they don't will they cause damage to next years plants?

Multiveg:
Mealy bug?

Jesse:
I did a Google for Mealy Bug but the pictures don't look like the things I saw today. The Mealy Bug pictures show a bug with spine like edges, the ones I saw today are smooth and roundish, just like a greenfly except they're white.

Roy Bham UK:
Try this list Jess, if nothing else, it'll get you itching...it did me :o
http://www.vvm.com/~jevans/sfterrestrialinvertebrates/folderinsects/linsect.html#Coleoptera

Jesse:
Eeeuuuwww! Aren't we lucky all those things are little and not the size of big dogs! :o

Looked through the list and can't see the things on my plot. I'll try to remember my camera today when I go and see if I can get a photo of them beasties.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version