Author Topic: GUN LAW  (Read 1746 times)

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
GUN LAW
« on: February 18, 2009, 17:50:33 »
is it legal to have a air pistol, got one at home, used for target practice , i dont know wether to hand it in to the police or throw it in the river .....its locked in a safe, and only i know the combination

ACE

• Hectare
Re: GUN LAW
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 17:57:15 »
I have seen them for sale. Safe if kept at home for target practice in the garden but I would not carry it in the street.  If you feel uneasy about having it around, phone the police and I expect they will come and collect it. Don't pollute the river.

Moonbeam65

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 18:06:00 »
I know up in my neck of the woods it is ok to have an air gun or air rifle as long as it is not those that are powered by a gas canister.
The one i had was an air rifle .22 and was the one where you broke the barrel to put in a pellet it was very powerful but it was not illegal for me to have it as i did check with the police.
If you did decide to get rid of it you could either hand it in or break it up so it could never be used, if you throw it away somebody may just find it and cause a problem with it and it just might get traced back to you so i do not think that would be a good solution.
hope this is of some help to you.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 18:17:08 »
Low powered air weapons are restricted to a maximum power of 12ftlb force for a rifle and 6ftlb force for a pistol. As long as the pistol does not exceed 6ftlb & you are over 17 years old it is legal for you to possess it.
Further related laws can be found here:
http://www.airpistol.co.uk/airgun_law.htm

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 18:29:46 »
it's a bit like knives, I have some kitchen knives I wonder how to get rid of, think I'll have to wait for an amnesty  :)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 18:34:58 »
My BIL has a gun, tho I don't know anything about it.  He has a licence, and the ammo is kept in a locked cabinet.  The cabinet has to have a spare set of keys which are kept by a responsible person away from his premises   :) :) :)
The Tuscan Beaneater

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 19:23:47 »
Chuck it my way! Some very noisy students on our street  ;D

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 19:57:00 »
I can safely say that when the police raid your house, they ignore air pistols.  ::)

precious90

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 06:00:39 »
is it legal to have a air pistol, got one at home, used for target practice , i dont know wether to hand it in to the police or throw it in the river .....its locked in a safe, and only i know the combination

A gun law is a law that pertains to firearms. Restrictions on gun ownership and use vary greatly both by country and the type of weapon used. If you want to know more about it, visit California Orange County Lawyer and ask.

wilko

• Acre
  • Crowle
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 08:04:18 »
it's a bit like knives, I have some kitchen knives I wonder how to get rid of, think I'll have to wait for an amnesty 

you can take them to the police station, we do with our old knives (we're butchers)  ;)

don't want them falling in to the wrong hands do we !
Life is to short !!!

Theplotthickens

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 18:38:56 »
I have all sorts of firearms in my house and it is good to see someone taking proper precautions even though it is only an air pistol.

If you want to sell it let me know the make/model and I might be tempted.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 17:59:43 »
I know that they have stopped selling air guns on the internet anything over twelve psi then you need a firearms certificate I think the law is pretty much the same for Shotguns but in today's climate you would be struggling to get a licence only if you had a very good reason,  a bog standard 'GAT' at home I don't think is a problem but when you see the imitation stuff  they are exact even in size and weight, personally I left my shooting frustrations  in the army, :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal