Author Topic: Hi from Jeannine and John safely over the pond!!  (Read 3552 times)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
Re: Hi from Jeannine and John safely over the pond!!
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 18:34:51 »
Lovely to hear from you - we have all been wondering how you have been doing.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 22:36:23 »
glad that you both are well and growing something!!
we'll all look forward to the photo's (hint hint)  ;)
You couldn't make it up!

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 22:47:40 »
Great to hear from you  ;D

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 23:02:12 »
Hi Jeannine, glad you're all settled and great to see you back posting.

Your Triamble is already heading for the other end of the plot again!

Linda (Ninnyscrops)
x

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 10:10:08 »
Glad to hear you are both safe and well, have you got a separate outhouse for all of your seeds yet?! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 11:14:46 »
FANTASTIC TO HEAR FROM YOU JEANINE.........!!!!! ;D Really pleased you got settled ok, and thank you for thinking of us as one of your first priorities!!

I look forward to seeing pics too and hearing of your new adventures.........Big Hug and welcome home
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 12:58:41 »
Great to hear from you Jeannine. Looking forward to reading postings from you!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 13:58:04 by Emagggie »
Smile, it confuses people.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 16:17:57 »
Glad to hear that you've arrived safely and welcome back to the forum  :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 20:09:36 »
Seems like your settling in OK Jeannine, piccies please.    ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 19:02:45 »
Morning all!!

Thank you for your smashing welcome back.

So much  different from when we left in 2000 but of course we expected that.

We are in an  buy in  apartment, so very easy to clean, it is along time since I had off white carpets and sofas..but no muddy boots anymore. It is very safe and I am at the age that it matters I guess.

The patio is small and covered but I have maneged to fill it with hanging baskets etc.It faces directly north which is not so good but considering the heat I am pleased.We have had almost 30 degrees most days since arrival. The avenue the building is on is lined with trees both sides which were smothered in pink blosson when we arrived. Outside in the grounds of the apartments and to the left of my patio doors there is a large fir tree, the branches are very close and we have a pair of crows nesting in there about 15 feet from us, as we are top floor they are level with the patio. It has been fascinating to watch them build the nest, they are quite tame now, mind you the doughnuts on the patio rail  made that easy.We are not allowed to put up bird feeders but these two crows insist on stealing my lunch if I go inside for a minute ..cough cough!! They are called Percy and Maud, we think she is sitting now so are getting quite excited.

Stuff to share(some sad)..the city is giving all residents bear proof whellie bins next week, cougars have been seen, in fact a child was mauled by one a couple of weeks ago, and some bison were seen in the main street of a small town about thirty miles away.

Lots of activity for Olympics coming here next year.

All our stuff arrived the day we got our keys which was good timing.

We finally bought a car a couple of weeks ago,oh how I  hate car shopping, nothing exciting though, just a Honda but it is bright red..I refused flatly to buy another grey car.

We are not sure about the lottie. It is in a park, not enclosed so anyone in the park can wander around,there are picnic tables through the park too which is filled with fruit trees and blueberry bushes so very nice surroundings but the lottie so small!!

We are adajacent to a smashing store, it is the size of an Asda but it is an orientak supermarket, oh the stuff in there, especially the tanks full of live crabs, lobsters, clams , fish etc. I bought live jumbo prawns last week about seven inches long, oh boy can they jump!! They were delicious.

The area is one that is very popular with wealthy Chinese who seem to enjoy Canada, there are some huge, huge mansions in view from the patio, lovely homes but first thing in the morning they are in a cloud due to the height up the mountain.

I promised to send some seeds back but forget who it was, Spinach I think, can you remind me so I can get them back to you.

It was lovely to re unite with so many old friends, we were quite islolated in Hull but we popped into our old church and got a super reception.

This weekend we are hoping to pop over the US line, it is about half an hour away, sadly the line ups have been very long. They used to have a pre clearance line which we had a pass for but they have changed  it so we have to apply for the new system, anyway if we make it we are going clam digging, I will try and get some pictures of that.

I have been walking a bit better lately, I think because I have no stairs in the house I am not straining myself too much at home  and no heavy gardening either.

Anyway signing off as we are off shopping for DVD players, we brought all our Uk movies with us , we have been trying to but a region free player with no succes but I think I have found a  way of getting round thet..fingers crosssed.

John travelled well by the way despite the pacemaker going in two days before we flew, he is back to normal now and driving again. I have had a few nightmares about that after the fact but all is well.

Talk to you all soon, is there anything really important I have missed?

Love from Jeannine XX

Sorry for the typhos.. I truly can spell, I just can't type!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 19:06:03 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 19:09:07 »
good to hear from you again, Jeannine. Hope all goes well for you both

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2009, 19:34:06 »
Hi Jeannine
im glad to see you settling in nothing like a cross country move well were all hoping everything goes well for you regards

Daileg  ;D

PS Amish are doing well never did get the Crown Prince up never mind will use your seed sorce in future thanks once again for all the help  ;D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 14:14:05 »
Good to hear from you again Jeannine and am pleased that you have settled in ok.  I look forward to seeing photos of where you are living when you get a few minutes to spare.
Love to you and John from Pauline  x

lolabelle

• Hectare
  • nero
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 14:25:21 »
Glad to hear you settling in, we have missed your posts ;D

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 14:36:57 »
bears cougars bison... it all sounds so exotic and a million miles away from hull!  you must keep us posted on percy and maud.  :D

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 15:28:51 »
brilliant news that your settling back in and have found a lotty :)

Enjoy the change in pace

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2009, 09:17:24 »
what a lovely post jeannine, thank you. And hope the clam digging was a success, I just lurve clams - chowder, pasta, you name it  ;D never been digging for them tho !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal