Author Topic: A nice day out  (Read 767 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
A nice day out
« on: June 21, 2009, 22:43:35 »
Today young Lorna and I met up with Georgie at Hatfield House, great weather and we all enjoyed the lovely gardens.  Georgie kindly presented me with a whole tray of various plants and young Lorna decided to buy her old Mum 9 plants from the stalls.
So we came home with a car boot full of plants. Started planting as soon as I got home!! So, thanks Georgie and Lorna for a great day.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: A nice day out
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 22:52:49 »
Yes, it was lovely, and I didn't come home empty handed either.  But I'm not saying what was in the carrier bag Lorna handed over because you'd all be jealous.    :P

I notice Lorna hasn't mentioned how she nearly picked up a charming gentleman over lunch - just as well for him he had his wife in tow!   ;)  ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 23:01:14 »
ERM!! excuse me who was it who whipped their notebook out to write down things for him. Must agree he was charming ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 23:04:30 »
Lorna, you know full well you were in too much of a dither to remember your phone number so I was just being helpful.   ;)

Oh I forgot to mention we stopped off for afternoon tea at Lorna's afterwards and I took this snap of the back of her house.   ;D

G x

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 07:42:05 »

We visited Hatfield House on Saturday, we enjoyed it very much and thought

it well worth a visit,    came away with ratchet secateurs  --  much easier to

use if you have arthritis.

floss xxx

Hertfordshire,   south east England

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal