Author Topic: Has the rain stopped you  (Read 4055 times)

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
Re: Has the rain stopped you
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 15:17:14 »
Hey E-J, One of Bob F's books had some sort of 'footie goal' arrangement with scaffolding poles and plastic for his outside Toms, which he seemed to think helped. You'll need something pretty substantial unless you let your toms trail.

Windy -pips from bought ones might be anything, I normally get a few volunteers from my 'Sungold' -which aren't supposed to come true- that do well for me.

J

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Re: Has the rain stopped you
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 16:21:45 »
Hi RF, i must say i've been sorting thinks out, washing pots and trays,and the weather has not stoped me ,my old greenhouse has stood the test of time,its made from old windows from a window firm and with 2"x2"wood, people around my house make fun if it,but i make fun of them now with the heap of broken glass and bent metal in there garden, wet ground-have you thought of putting drainage pipes around your plot,

That sounds like a good way to get a greenhouse for next to nothing, windygale. Must be nice and sturdy too a that rate. I am afraid i am not that clever with things like that, though i like to recycle things if possible.

No i dont thing i need drainage. As i said the garden is sloping so (when it gets a chance) the soil does drain reasonably well. Too well in summer, being an alkaline clay on top of chalk.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal