Author Topic: Charity shop programme  (Read 688 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Charity shop programme
« on: June 10, 2009, 10:04:24 »
Thought the charity shop programme last night was good, I worked in a charity shop and found it interesting.  It is a good way of meeting people and chatting.  I know the lady in charge made a lot of money but she had designer stuff to sell, most people would sell that on ebay.  I love charity and like searching for a bargain and the fact that they are not like other shops.  Be interesting to see how long it takes her to make the £15,000 that they paid for refurbishment.  Loved all the old ladies, think they got a bit of shock with the new management.  Liked it when she got told off by the charity big boss.

Moonbeam65

• Half Acre
Re: Charity shop programme
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 16:02:24 »
Never been a great one for charity shops as you never seem to find out if the money the volunteers make for them really all goes to where it is mostly needed and then the prices they put on brick a brack etc.

An example was last week i went into about four of them for a book to read and to my amazement there was none on sale for less than £2 and that was for a soft back the hardbacks were priced from £3-50 i was expecting to pay something like 50pence for a soft back but £2 for a book which was well worn no way i think they are getting to greedy so im afraid its back to the boot sale for me if i am looking for a bargain.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal