Author Topic: Lucky I like cats  (Read 1966 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Lucky I like cats
« on: June 10, 2009, 10:33:40 »
Saw something moving about in the bedroom and went to investigate and it was the cat from the garden at the back of my house.  As I went in the bedroom it panicked and climbed up the curtains, pulled the rod down holding the nets and then ran into the spare bedroom and did the same and hit his head on the glass.  It was obviously trying to escape, so now I have two nets with claw marks in them.  Charlie (my cat) is now on cat patrol.  It is strange cause this cat/kitten looks like Zorba, my old cat, that I had to have put to sleep due to illness.  When I first saw it in the garden thought it was Zorba come back from the dead.  Don't know the people but if I see them in the garden will tell them their cat/kitten is a bit wild and will keep the back door shut in future.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: Lucky I like cats
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 11:10:15 »
Probably isn't as wild as you think, it just panicked as it was in your territory with no obvious means of escape.

About 15 years ago I was selling my house, it was the early hours of the morning and I had people coming to view at 10.  So the previous evening I had cleaned and tidied the house, all I had to do was polish and air=freshen just before 10 ...

But I was woken by the sound of cats yowling downstairs, so I went down to investigate.  There was a huge tabby cat in the kitchen, came in through the cat flap and was being held at bay by our cat.  As soon as it saw me it panicked, jumped up on the windowsill, knocking two plants clying, broken pots and dirt all over the kitchen floor.  So it jumped on top of the fridge, to the microwave, and onto the top of the freezer to get ot the other window (didn't have the sense to go straight for the catflap).  But the winerack was next to the microwave, his back legs caught the end bottle and it went flying through the air and caught the edge of the fridge door, smashing and covering the other end of the kitchen floor with broken glass and red wine.

They both shot out through the flap, tabby first, our cat taking a chunk out of his backside as he went.  Hilarious, it happened in slow motion, and I was half asleep, but then had to clear it up for the house viewers. 

Nightmare!!!  ::) ::) ::)
The Tuscan Beaneater

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 12:26:45 »
My friend found a cat in her bedroom. The cat panicked and left her a little pressie on her duvet! and the present wasn't a bird or a mouse ;)

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 12:33:23 »
I do feel a bit sorry for this cat/kitten.  I think they must shut it out all day and it would love to be friends with Charlie (my cat), but he is not having it, although cried and cried when Zorba (my other cat to be put to sleep due to illness, old age).  Perhaps one day they will make friends as they get more used to each other.  Cats seem to love my house, must know that I like them.  Charlie moved in from two doors along, when her grandchildren frightened him.  My grandchildren has been taught that Nanny gets very cross, cross if they tease/torment animals.  That was 10 years ago and have taken him home twice but he got back to my house before me.  He is now asleep on my lap reading this.  Poor long haired cat was starving and I fed him in the garden for weeks before he trusted me, then he had to go to the vet and be shaved as he was so knotted, now he is so affectionate, and loves being brushed every day and has got very fusy about food.  Think I will put a notice on the front door, cats welcome, but perhaps not.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 09:04:14 »
Ah, I love cats but have me 2 house rabbits to contend with.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal