Author Topic: More November colour  (Read 2075 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
More November colour
« on: November 13, 2004, 10:05:41 »

These were all taken on Thursday November 11th.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Re:More November colour
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 13:45:18 »
Eric, as always all I can say is WOW.. :o  Its amazing that things that should have stopped flowering now havent.  Also that things that shouldnt be flowering yet are.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 14:16:34 »
OK, OK s'not fair!!! I really, really HAVE to come live with you!!!!!! Can't stand this any longer - am soooooooo jealous I think I'm going to stay green for the rest of my life.  :'( :'(

A wonderfu selection of photographs Eric. It cheered me up just to look at them. I've filed them away so that I can take a note of the names next time I visit a nursery or garden centre as there are some there that I simply MUST have.

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 18:37:39 »
Had a look round my garden while raking up leaves and spruce cones. Very little by way of flowers. Only wallflowers, rudbeckias, hollyhocks, tom thumbs (ones I missed), sunflowers, montbretias and AURICULAS (second flowering). I notice you have a yellow jasmine out. I have one very similar, but it flowered early spring.
Strangely enough the epimedium has failed to change colour yet!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 20:06:24 »
What can I say Eric - absolutely blooming beautiful ;D  Amazing how much is still in bloom.  My Schizostylis are still going strong, and the occasional clematis - but I can add one to your list and that is a beautiful  blue delphinium.  Don't have a pic of it unfortunately - oh yes, and a hebe which is still in bloom, oh yes.....and a deep mauve penstemon.

I think you will have to have an open day Eric so we can all come and see your lovely garden :D

Pat
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Ozzy

• read only
  • Acre
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 20:22:17 »
Nice one Eric

I too have coppied all your photos for reference.. and struck by them all but the honeysuckle berries.. is a deffo for me to grow next year,, thanks Eric

Ciaran
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 20:22:50 by Ozzy »

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 11:50:03 »
full of admiration, Palustris. particularly like the geranium and yellow crocosmia.
honeysuckle berries look a treat at this time of year. when i work out how to post photos, i have one of the berries against the ivy on which it is growing, all covered slightly by a dusting of snow....against the sky.

your iris foetidus: i have this but they have not 'berried'-is it a question of age, or of being settled? mine were split from my parents 1 or 2 years ago. they had a flower this year, look healthy-but no berries. they did 'berry' before in their original position???

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 09:18:02 »
Oh Eric what stunning photos! Thank you so much for sharing!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 09:36:55 »
It's amazing you still have so much in flower. strop!
gone to pot :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal