Author Topic: I could cry  (Read 7486 times)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: I could cry
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 00:39:45 »
then say you are going to get a CCTV

I think this is a good idea but personally I'd go for dummy CCTVs at first because they'll cost you next to nothing but might just be all the deterrant that's needed.  I work in security and there's probably some broken or dummy cameras in the store room so if you're interested, I'll ask about them.  More than likely you'll get them for free but as they weigh a little bit, you'd have to cover the postage. 

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 09:19:04 »
Whose fence is it Debster and does it form the boundary between you and the 17 year old youth?  If it belongs to the council it  may be worth taking your pictures to show the damage and then get them to repair the fence. 

Once that is done you could grow some really prickly shrubs along the border to stop any recurrence.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 22:28:14 »
thanks so much for the posts guys, this week has gone from bad to worse, the 17 yr old was supplying alcohol and cigarettes to children as young as 8  :o i heard him helping a 15? yr old girl who was throwing up in his toilet, i did the responsible nurse thing and made sure that she was ok,
that was a couple of nights ago, tonight they have broken the fence post completely between us and them, when we asked them about it we got a load of abuse and hubby told them he was going to call the police to which the 17 year old said go ahead youll only make yourself look a ****.
he then knocked on our door to abuse us some more!telling us to f*** off.

oh mike77 thank you so much and sinbad you naughty girlie lol

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 22:38:48 »
Did you actually call the police? What did they do?

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 22:40:58 »
i have called the police tonight they have said they will get someone out to me so im waiting to see but i doubt it will be tonight its low priority i understand that after all most of them will be at my place of work accident and emergency.
i overheard the 17 yr say to his friends that they can all stay over tomorrow night and that it is really gonna kick off then  :(

Sparkly

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 22:42:38 »
i have called the police tonight they have said they will get someone out to me so im waiting to see but i doubt it will be tonight its low priority i understand that after all most of them will be at my place of work accident and emergency.
i overheard the 17 yr say to his friends that they can all stay over tomorrow night and that it is really gonna kick off then  :(

I would reply that a 17yr old male on your doorstep threatening you is an emergency.

liefste

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 22:45:27 »
Personally I would tell his parents that this has happened. I would expect an apology, money back for the damage and also his labour to replant a crop (I know you might not get the onions in now, but you could get something else in). If the parents are not on your side then tell them you will report him for trepass and criminal damage. Then report this to the police to try and scare him into correcting his behaviour.
Absolutely....  >:(

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 22:46:22 »
sadly he did that after i had rung them but believe me they will know about it, it was hubby he threatened mostly and believe me im not a weak woman working in a and e i have learnt to look after myself a bit but not to put myself in stupid situations.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 22:52:36 »
Keep the pressure up with the police Deb.

Good luck

Sparkly

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 22:52:55 »
sadly he did that after i had rung them but believe me they will know about it, it was hubby he threatened mostly and believe me im not a weak woman working in a and e i have learnt to look after myself a bit but not to put myself in stupid situations.

I wasn't suggesting that it was because you are a woman  :) Just that any threatening behaviour from someone who is physically not kid-size is potential dangerous!

Annoys me when the things like this are not considered an emergency. When I was a teenager our house was burgled. I had come home from college after picking up my little brother from primary school. The patio doors were in and things turned over. I called the police and then called my mum. Obviously I went upstairs to have a nosey. When I came down the door was open (ie they were still in the house). Dread to think what would have happened if I had opened the wrong door. The police took 1 hour to turn up. This wasnt an 'emergency' when I was a 16 yr old with a 8 year old with me and there had been intruders in the house whilst I was there. Ridiculous!

liefste

• Not So New ...
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 22:57:43 »
GET A WROTWEILLER ...!!!! THEY SCARE THE HELL OUT O ME

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 11:15:13 »
sparkly i honestly didnt take it that way honey  ;D what i was thinking was he is never so confrontational with me he appears to have a little shred of conscience in that area
well the police came they have logged it as a crime with the number etc and they are contacting my local bobby the one i have dealt with in the past and they have told me i must contact the council so will do this on monday, they have told me if i have anymore trouble i must call it through on 999 especially as i overheard this boy said that it is really going to kick off tonight
they went round and spoke to him and i could hear what they were saying to him, they read him the riot act told him anymore hint of more trouble and they would be back and they would be arresting someone that at the moment there is no credible witness to the damage they cant prosecute at which point the lad said to them that he thought the guy the other side of us probably saw it all (?)
they are going to be sending him and his mother something i think they called an ABC which is a precursor to an ASBO but they were going to wait til the mother gets home, he did lie to them and said that his mum was at work
they told him to get the fence fixed at his own cost etc etc
oh well watch this space lets see what happens

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 11:26:34 »
Well done debster.  They're taking it seriously and it's on the record now.  Hopefully this will have been enough to shame him into behaving himself, but if not you know what you have to do.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 21:31:08 »
well they said it would kick off tonight they werent joking the 17 yr old has knocked on our door 3 or 4 times then his girlfriend starting throwing bricks at my husband all we want is a quiet life it doesnt look like we are gonna get one  :'(

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 21:32:35 »
Call the police back again.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 21:34:12 »
they are out dealing with them now!

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 21:35:18 »
Let's hope they take them away to cool their heels in a cell for the night.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2009, 21:35:59 »
Thinking of you and your family Deb.      :( :( :(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2009, 21:37:31 »
thank you

staris

• Acre
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 21:44:00 »
no one should have to put up with that, i hope you get it sorted.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal