Author Topic: I could cry  (Read 7487 times)

debster

• Hectare
I could cry
« on: June 07, 2009, 16:45:19 »
I am so cross many of you will remember we have been having a lot of trouble with the kids in the street including the 17 year old next door.

well it would appear his mum has gone away for holiday and left him to his own devices well the other evening (friday) him and a load of his 10 to 13 yr old friends were in his garden and i could hear them but not see them,

i didnt check the garden the next day cos of the monsoon weather but today when i went out there you can see what i found there is no way this was rain damage and if you look carefully you can see footprints there is no way that these onions will recover and i want to rip the kids heads off it feels like the straw that broke the camels back i am so angry ??? >:(

« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 16:47:22 by debster »

betula

• Hectare
Re: I could cry
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 17:50:50 »
What is his mother thinking of?From what you have posted before she knows he is a problem.

Really sorry deb can imagine how you feel. :(
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 18:08:48 by betula »

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 18:05:14 »
criminal damage, debster, it's not been done by accident  :-\

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 18:10:24 »
ive just walked past him in the street and he practically ran indoors, his mother is away at the moment im in two minds what to do about it for a start its trespass them coming in my garden anyway and at 17 he should know better

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 18:10:58 »

Deb,  so sorry you had this   ---   suggest you have a word with Mum as it ammounts to tresspass

as it looks as if he/they  were in your garden.!  

Know it's difficult as they are direct neighbours but with the right words and as long as she knows

how upset you are,  you may get a result,  if not you may try the community police ?

floss xxx

Hertfordshire,   south east England

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 18:11:25 »
Personally I would tell his parents that this has happened. I would expect an apology, money back for the damage and also his labour to replant a crop (I know you might not get the onions in now, but you could get something else in). If the parents are not on your side then tell them you will report him for trepass and criminal damage. Then report this to the police to try and scare him into correcting his behaviour.

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 18:12:29 »
I sympathise Debs. If I was you I'd contact the police and  explain the situation.  Here there's a local safer neighbourhoods police team who would certainly deal with something like this.  
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 18:19:26 »
Get the Police involved.  It's so important to report every incident as it establishes the pattern of behaviour.  They'll probably say there is nothing they can do beyond maybe having a word with him but it's on the record then for next time.  Sorry you're having to put up with these morons.

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 18:25:13 »
I dont have any onions but I have some garlic you could have?
Jackie

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 18:25:43 »
   Debs,

From you're post earlier, that the lad next door ran indoors to avoid you, makes me

think he has a conscience,  is it more his mates than him perhaps  --  maybe in with the wrong crowd,

peer pressure and all that,   not your problem but his parents/ mums.

A community officer maybe able to sort that out ?

floss xxx
Hertfordshire,   south east England

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 18:32:36 »
thank you Hector thats very kind but i have plenty of garlic and i wasnt counting on my onion crop cos ive never managed to grow any yet perhaps i know why now.
i know the community police officer so i think i will get in touch with him

a conscience i wish he is 17 and plays with little kids in the street and leads them on although most of them dont need much encouragement

when i tackled him before he told me that he had spoken to the council and that they told him that they can do nothing about his behaviour cos his mum owns the house and that neither can the police when i told his mum this she said he is a liar we dont even own the house

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 15:56:11 »
Debs, sorry to hear your having problems again, and to see your hard work ruined.
Just to correct the 17 year old, the council and police can do something about him regardless of whether or not they rent or own. Its easier for the council to deal with it if they rent, but not impossible if own.
And as Ceres said, log it and report it, every incident needs to be known so they can establish a pattern and can then get involved.
Still concerned a 17 year old needs / wants to hang around with 12 & 13 year olds - very odd!

Hope his mum's back from her holiday soon!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 16:32:55 »
Deffo ring the old bill, is strange though hanging around with these young kids. ???        >:(     
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 16:43:44 »
Debster - what a nightmare.

I would be wary of calling the police as you have to live next door to him - his mother would possibly prefer you to talk to her first - so that she may be able to talk some sense into him.

If you call the rozzers first she may take umbrage and you need to live next door to her.

Hopefully you will be able to sort out this monster!  With luck he may get himself a girlfriend and move away!!!

Good luck anyway - it must be so miserable for you!

Old Bird

:o

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 18:35:00 »
So sorry debster. Is his mom a reasonable sort of person or not. If she is then I would tell her. The trouble is that some parents think that the sun shines out of their kids butts. A difficult situation if the latter is the case. I do hope that get it sorted.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Moonbeam65

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 19:31:17 »
Without a doubt get the police in and they can take casts of the footprint and then go and see him and if they match it with him or any of his mates then they will have to deal with it and hopefully charge them wouldn't that be a nice surprise for his mother to find out what her little to rag gets up to when her back is turned dont let them win report it and he will know he is being watched.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 10:38:36 »
Moonbeam - take a look at the larger picture! - Debs has to continue to live next door to this family - and calling in the police is not going to make their relationship rosy!  Also I doubt that the police will call - as - and I know how upsetting it is to you Debs - but it isn't criminal damage or anything like that and to be honest it is trivial in the whole scheme of things.

Debs I am not belittling how you feel - I would be very very upset myself - but it may make your life more difficult if you can't sort it out with his mum and call in outside help.

Old Bird
 :(

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 10:45:01 »
It is criminal damage.  Debster has tried sorting it out with the mother and it clearly hasn't worked.  The bigger picture is that her life continues to be made a misery by out-of-control teenagers.

Go to the police.  That's what they are there for, to protect decent people from this type of pond scum. 

mike77

• Half Acre
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 10:46:28 »
don't know what to say to cheer you up deb ??? hopefully the doggy lifejacket going in the post today might help! x

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 23:18:30 »
Depending on what type of people they are I would tell your neighbour what has happened in your garden and then say you are going to get a CCTV ( you can get them at a reasonable price) as what has happened in your garden is trespass and when you have caught the culprits on CCTV you will show it to the police as you can't live like this anymore and you'll let the police take it further.

I wouldn't act as though you know it's her son that did it.  Just that something has got to be done about  the situation. And who knows it could be her garden next.

Then think chickweed:))))))))))))))))

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal