Author Topic: so annoyed!  (Read 1286 times)

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
so annoyed!
« on: June 07, 2009, 14:04:48 »
well i have been away for 2 1/2 wks and went to the allotment today first chance i have had! I could have cried. I plot share with my best friend and to be honest i have done most of the graft getting it all weeded and ready for planting took two weeks of going down there every evening and all day on the weekend  which to be honest i really didnt mind as i live closer than she does and i enojoyed seeing it all come together. Problem is all she had to do was go down and keep on top of the weeding and water if needed over the two weeks we were on holiday. Well you cant tell the seedlings from the weeds its so bad  :'( im annoyed and so upset it looks as bad if not worse than how it looked when we took over the plot. She doesnt work so could spare a hour here and there i go down after work and spend my weekends there.  >:(

Really want to tell her to shove it i know that sounds so unfair but all my hard work looks like its gone to waste. She is my best friend and we have been friends for over 15 yrs i just dont know what to do   :'(

i had to come home as  was wet through tipping down again but theres so much to do!

Sorry had to rant somewhere

Lucy

betula

• Hectare
Re: so annoyed!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 14:09:07 »
Well we have had a long period of steady rain and the weeds will really grow quickly in these conditions.

I have shared before and was never more glad to get my own plot.It can put a strain on friendship when you feel you are doing most of the work. :)

SPUDLY

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 15:12:31 »
I share a plot with a friend. We have half each, even though we grow basically the same stuff. I keep my half tidy, he lets his half get scruffy. Only problem i have is that i have to look at it ;D

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 15:20:49 »
Severala peopel share on our site, but they all have divided the plot.  Betula is right the weeds are garowing like crazy.  I planted out some dwarf french beans only a few days ago and this morning they were completely surrounded by weeds.  Managed to shift them with a quick hoe round.

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 15:37:55 »
We have split the plot too and growing the same stuff lol it looks so bad today that one plot owner i hadnt met before asked if i just took over the plot  :-[. I'm just going to get my half weeded and sorted and have a word to see if her hearts really in it if not i'll offer to take on her half too. Its such a shame as was looking so good a few weeks ago will be popping down every evening this week and get it sorted. On the plus side i am cooking a roast today with my own spuds  ;D and for dessert home grown strawberries yummy.

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 15:41:28 »
Oh and just a quick one i planted broccoli at the lottie and i have a row of plants with small purple flowers are these weeds or is this the broccoli growing as i say you cant really see whats what at the moment!

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 15:53:28 »
If they are in a perfect row they are prob not weeds. :)

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 21:22:24 »
Thanks betula will have a closer look tomorrow and take a pic :)

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 21:31:58 »
Hi mummybunny,

Hope you are not feeling so annoyed now.  I can imagine how upset you felt when you first saw it all, but it's not worth losing a 15 year friendship over it.

You've learnt a lesson.

Hope the tats taste wonderful and you find you have a row of broccoli, also you had a good holiday :)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 22:00:23 »
My onion bed looks like that... been so busy with the washed out open day... remember these will be annuals and newly germinated perennials and with all this rain easily pulled up. Don't spoil your friendship but ask for a 3/2 split and increase your share over the years...  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal