Author Topic: prawn tails  (Read 9241 times)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
Re: prawn tails
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 21:41:46 »
To get back to the problem of the shrimp heads - if that happened on our allotments, every fox, rat ansd cat in the neighbourhood would be digging up the plot and making a real mess, probably before the shrimp and fish heads even started to smell!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2009, 22:01:28 »
Chill out Buster, you'll give yourself a hernia, all that typing without any full stops!

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2009, 22:15:39 »
Don't you know that cats will NOT eat food that is going off?  In fact I have heard that the best way to find out if your food is "off" (presuming you have lost your sense of smell as well as humour) is to offer it to your cat.  Not sure if this works for non English food though.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2009, 22:24:51 »
I've got a tub of rotting comfrey leaves in my back garden - that stinks high heaven.  We also collect mussel shells to bash into pieces to keep slugs off, maybe shrimp/prawn bits will do on the compost too - never thought of that, and we do eat a lot of them ... ... ... ...
The Tuscan Beaneater

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2009, 22:33:14 »
Crikey, you must be very rich. Have you seen the price of prawns in the shell?

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2009, 22:41:09 »
What a load of old codswallop.

Asian,orientals,..........all this PC stuff drives me nuts.

I bet you the lady with the fish heads does work or have connections with a takeaway.Of course all Chinese do not work in takeaways but round here they do and I bet in a lot of other places.Nothing racist about it......just people always keen to jump up and down on the PC band wagon.

The stuff stinks and you can not change facts.I would not tolerate it,at the very least she should dig the stuff in if she is so keen.

Buster don't bother replying,You are giving me such a laugh.Thanks for cheering me up ;D

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 22:49:22 »
So I take it you only use Growmore or Phostrogen on your plot - the nice clean fertilizers?  Some of my colleagues very expensive perfume makes my stomach turn but I usually smile and compliment their scent.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 23:03:39 »
im apalled by the racist comments displayed on this thread,and have reported them accordingly. shame on those gulity!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2009, 23:11:37 »
I'm missing something here, where are the racist comments?

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2009, 23:14:08 »
if you cant see them sinbad,i doubt its worth my pointing em out!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2009, 23:18:59 »
That's true Elvis.

But you and lottie lou must be overly sensitive to have taken such umbrage........................one has to wonder  ;D  Guess it takes all sorts especially now the occidentals have been thrown in the pot too  :)

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2009, 23:26:03 »
the smell of fish is really no worse than chicken sh!t and manure
I think the point here is that this stuff is not being composted properly, but is just scattered about on the plot.

I wouldnt like it if my neighbours started spreading raw chicken or pig sh!t on their plot either, and I wouldnt dream of leaving piles of fresh humanure about.

Buster54

• Acre
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2009, 23:47:16 »
Oh believe me betula the pleasure has been all mine  :-*dgillings said it all

The stuff stinks(statement in the bleeding obvious)

I would not tolerate it(like anyone would care)

Of course all Chinese do not work in takeaways but round here they do(you want to pop into Pizza hut and see an Italian or burger king and see a yank

Night night  ;)
I'm not the Messiah - I'm a very naughty boy."

PlymouthMaid

• Not So New ...
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2009, 00:03:40 »
I would guess Plymouth going by the name! I was there this week and admiring the allotments I could see on the hill behind the station next to a very large park.

The allotments you saw near the station are exactly where my plot is. How spooky!
Don't know any more about fish heads but many thanks for the welcome from yourself and the poster above (sorry name has vanished from screen).

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2009, 00:10:57 »
You are a hoot Buster dear......watch the blood pressure now ;D

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2009, 09:22:44 »
Locking this thread - it is very easy to type something which while not meant to be offensive can be.

We have visitors and members from all walks of life, please remember this when posting.

Thanks

Dan

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal