Author Topic: Golden berry cape Gooseberry.  (Read 4100 times)

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: Golden berry cape Gooseberry.
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 17:52:25 »
Crikey these take some getting going. Planted out in the greenhouse and they don't look any bigger, Toms at side of them are romping on. Any ideas?

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 18:34:36 »
Patience...  :-X

Jokerman

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 18:51:27 »
Mine took ages last year to move.... didn't like the fruits after my long wait....   >:(
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ Tolkien

ajb

• Half Acre
    • My garden blog
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 21:21:32 »
I've got a dwarf one called Pineapple, well two actually, only about 6 inches tall and with fruit on already. The aphids seem quite fond of them.
No fruit tree knowingly left un-tried. http://abseeds.blogspot.com/

DaveR

• Not So New ...
    • Life on the plot - the diary of a novice allotmenteer
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 21:34:03 »
Mine are on my window sill, and they are only about an inch high - I was wondering if they'd stopped growing!  :P
http://lifeontheplot.blogspot.com/ - the diary of a novice allotmenteer.

amphibian

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 21:41:50 »
Crikey these take some getting going. Planted out in the greenhouse and they don't look any bigger, Toms at side of them are romping on. Any ideas?

P. Peruviana are slow to get going, they start off as tiny seedlings and seem to be immune to getting leggy, they grow very slowly at first. This is especially apparent when you grow them next to their cousins P. Ixocarpa (Tomatillos). My physalis are all outdoors now, my ixocarpa are three foot tall, my peruviana only six inches. Patience is key.

2DEGUS

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 20:50:19 »
Germinated mine from supermarket fruit. Cant stop them growing except by chopping off tips! Tallest is 2 foot high after surgery. Also found the most growth restricted one has thrown up most fruit.

amphibian

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 21:33:47 »
Germinated mine from supermarket fruit. Cant stop them growing except by chopping off tips! Tallest is 2 foot high after surgery. Also found the most growth restricted one has thrown up most fruit.

You have fruit already!? Wow!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal