Author Topic: Stolen Tools  (Read 1565 times)

samela

• Not So New ...
Stolen Tools
« on: May 24, 2009, 08:14:20 »
I've had my tools stolen  :(  I went to the lottie on Friday night to water and everything was fine. Went back last night to water again only to find the lock on the main gate had been cut with a bolt cutter. When I got up to my plot, my hoe was on the floor, my mattock propped up against my onion bed and my shed had been ransacked! My spade and fork are missing.  Other people have had tools and wheelarrows stolen too.  B******s  :'(

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Stolen Tools
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:36:10 »
go to the nearest car boot sale, they could be there, we had a thread about this a while ago, I'm thinking of painting the tool handles bright pink, they might leave them alone then, sorry to hear about this, theiving little sods  :(

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:54:50 »
B******s indeed,when this happened to me my belongings were found in other sheds the idiots had broken into and spread on plots quite a way from me so you may find tools, hope so anyway / shades x
grow your own way

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 13:18:13 »
That's a bugger. We have metal gates with a locking bolt; you can't get at the lock hasp to cut it. In the old days, the gate we had before wasn't always locked, and a couple of times we had someone go round with a lorry, breaking down gates and taking power tools.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 16:45:13 »
Samela,
            I do  have sympathy with you, after my shed was turned over last year along with several others I was upset, I would do what others have suggested and go down to your local car boots or second hand shops don't waste your time with the Police, they don't give a T--s, unfortunately for me I  know most of the scum that get up to these tricks in our town and on the last occasion I got to bottom of  it, :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal