Author Topic: Pasta in bread maker  (Read 1902 times)

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Pasta in bread maker
« on: May 15, 2009, 17:44:04 »
For a while now I've been considering attempting to make my own pasta because I enjoy it so much, and consequently go through a lot.   I've noticed my breadmaker has a "dough" setting and it made me consider the following.

If I put the eggs & flour into the breadmaker will it turn it into lovely pasta dough without all the hard work on my behalf?

I have made pasta by hand in the past but it don't half agravate my arthritis & anything to simplify the process would be a godsend.

All suggestions gratefully received

CC

"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Re: Pasta in bread maker
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 17:56:42 »
Some breadmakers have a specific pasta setting but you could use either the dough setting or create a custom program to do it. Bear in mind it only needs to mix the dough it doesn't need to rise.
There is a video & recipe of it being done here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duJlI5Aoy0g
If you have a kenwood chef or similar mixer that would also work.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 20:16:39 »
If you have a Panasonic there is an excellent help line.  The no. is in the instruction book.

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 19:09:04 »
I would just try it and see. If its too dry, add more water, and vice versa. Mistakes shouldnt be too expensive!

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 06:27:12 »
I have made it in a food processor with the instructions from the booklet which came with the pasta machine.

Don't have a bread machine I mix the dough in the processor, put it in a loaf tin to prove. Then bake.

In fact my processor is used nearly every day for pastry, crumbles, slicing onions, cakes, batters, samosa/spring roll wraps, bread crumbs, bread, pasta, pizza bases or making stuffing. 

I do not think I could make the things by hand now. Sad Innit?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal