Author Topic: Wondermesh - cheap version of enviromesh  (Read 10242 times)

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
Wondermesh - cheap version of enviromesh
« on: May 15, 2009, 19:52:25 »
I had to do some hunting around for enviromesh recently and came across a scottish company selling the agricultural version. They seem to be moving into the market for small holdings and allotments. Whilstyou may have to order bulk quantities - for allotment sites this may not be a problem. I though I would post the prices they have quoted to me. 16p per metre  for 13 m wide enviromesh equivalent (200m length) still works out v.cheap even if it is secondhand!

website = http://www.wondermesh.co.uk/

SECOND HAND

Product WM - 3 to 5 yrs old
 Width 13 m
 Length 200m
 Price per m2 (ex VAT & Del) £0.16
 Protection levels 1.33 mm mesh size - cabbage and carrot root fly

The second hand netting can be used for Insect protection as well as bird/rabbit control. The majority of the second hand netting has been used by our sister company (www.fearns.uk.com) to protect Swede. Fearns are now changing their widths from 13m to 25m and therefore second hand 13m widths are now being offered at a greatly reduced price.

‘CUT TO ORDER’( minimum of 20m length)
Product WM24 (0.8mm mesh)
 Width 3.25 m
 Length 20m minimum
 Price Per m2 (ex Del & VAT) £1.05

There are also special offers available

le

Susiebelle

• Hectare
Re: Wondermesh - cheap version of enviromesh
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 11:13:06 »
Hi Suzanne just looked up this site and the mesh is Fab. but on phoning the company the prices quoted are a bit outside my budget! :o they quoted me £390 for the second hand 200m roll and made no reference to cutting this to size - did I speak to the wrong person have you purchased it for 0.16 sq m.?

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 03:06:10 »
The secondhand net is 16p a metre but you need to buy the 200m roll - which for an llotment society is not too bad.

The cut to size is new stuff - and you should see thatthis starts from £1.05 a metre and you have to order 20m min. Postage and VAT on top. The next cheapest offering is "gardening naturally", which is roughly £2.50 a metre plus VAT and postage.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 03:31:46 »
Hi Suzanne just looked up this site and the mesh is Fab. but on phoning the company the prices quoted are a bit outside my budget! :o they quoted me £390 for the second hand 200m roll and made no reference to cutting this to size - did I speak to the wrong person have you purchased it for 0.16 sq m.?
The quote sounds about right to me.
A roll as described above is 200m long & 13m wide which is 2600m².
£390 divided by 2600m² works out at £0.15 per m².

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 08:58:54 »
I have been doing my sums on a calculator and it does look like a good buy.

But has any one any idea how best to cut it because I can see that getting through lengths of 13 ft widths with a pair of scissors is going to take some chopping.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal