Author Topic: Hose pipe riddle.  (Read 1319 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Hose pipe riddle.
« on: May 14, 2009, 17:48:38 »
I have been looking for a tripod lawn sprinkler to replace a broken one. But everywhere I have been today has  a great big corner of Hoselock  fittings and bits but no other makes of watering systems  on their premises.

Have Hoselock done a deal with all these people and let them have their expensive stuff and a big showcase on condition they do not have any other watering equipment in their stores.  It smells funny to me.

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
Re: Hose pipe riddle.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 18:42:25 »
The answer is probably yes.  Some stores sell floor space and its the biggest payer gets the space.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: Hose pipe riddle.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 19:27:54 »
That's a yes from me too. Went looking for parts for a well known brand of electrical fittings only to find a 'New Name on-the-shelves' and no sign of the name 90% of people recognise as 'The name' in this market.
 Same goes for many other items these days.
 In a similar manner, how suprising it is to see such a speedy change in manufacturing. Not that long ago it was possible to replace broken parts....these days you have to smash the item just to get into it....Bl**dy frustrating when you know you can fix it...if you could only get into it...!    >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal