Author Topic: Mother of Thousands  (Read 2639 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Mother of Thousands
« on: September 21, 2004, 17:54:51 »
Look how this succulent oddity reproduces.

Babies are formed all along the leaves and if the plant is knocked or moved by a breeze, the babies fall to the ground....or any other plant that is surrounding.  

Anyone want some??

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
Re:Mother of Thousands
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 18:40:57 »
Wow EJ, I've never seen anything like that, fantastic. I would love a baby one if you can. How big does the plant eventually get, just thinking about where I might put it.  :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 20:47:18 »
Not for me ta Emma.  Had this many years ago when I first got married.  B***** thing sprouted everywhere.  I must have given at least a million away :-\   Thanks for the offer anyway.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 11:56:53 »
What a great plant EJ!! I take it that it's an indoor one? If you have babies to spare I wouldn't mind getting a few - they'd make great Chrissy presents.  :D Do you know what it's called? I love unusual plants.  8)

Thanks.

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 12:39:02 »
I know mimi!  Best not to have the plants near any other plants otherwise you end up with babies rooting in pots everywhere!  

Tis an indoor plant, no idea of correct name I'm afraid.  Mind isn't huge, around 8 inches tall, don't know how huge it might get, but in the year or so I have had it it hasn't raced away.

Can send you ooooooooodles of babes if you want them, all I did was sprinkle them over the potting compost, and they found their own way up and off they went. PM me your addies.

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 17:00:02 »
 ;DHad the same experience as Mimi thanks EJ. I think I got mine from a scouts fair, it went back the following year.lol.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

new potter

• Not So New ...
    • Helping gambia children
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 19:53:40 »
would love some EJ looks a great plant
np

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 21:49:56 »
If anyone wants a few of these 'ickkle babies just pm me your address and I will stick 'em in the post.

john_miller

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 00:51:54 »
Kalanchoe diagremontiana, synonymous with Bryophyllum diagremontiana apparently (I've always known it as a Kalanchoe). Again, I've always known it as Mother of Thousands but it is also called, apparently, Devil's Backbone (another plant I have had was also called that) or Mexican Hat plant (I think another plant is also commonly called that?).

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal