Author Topic: Seed catalogues  (Read 2555 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Seed catalogues
« on: December 30, 2013, 15:04:31 »
I seem to be disappearing under a deluge of seed catalogues.   Not sure why they send them, I order on line so do not need the hard copy.

I would rather save the trees and have some discount instead.

I cannot find my specs and now we have to have puny light bulbs I cannot see well enough to read anyway.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Seed catalogues
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 11:02:32 »
I do quite enjoy sitting down with a cuppa and going through the seed catalogues  :happy7:
It's a shame most sites send catalogues as norm rather than a customer requesting one annually if they choose. Worst are the few company's that send multiple copies of the same catalogue during the year, I guess it is in case it's been chucked out!
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 15:12:22 »
I once enquired about 'why I get so many catalogues' from T&M and their answer was 'each time you order and existing customer number is not been used..that order is 'seen' as new customer and catalogue is 'registered' to that 'new' customer number.... :BangHead:
That was after I was getting 4! of their catalogues through letterbox. What does come 'handy'...after while when any of those customer numbers has not been active..they usually send money off vouches to those 'customers', trying to get them interested shopping again :icon_cheers:
I did have quite few of those vouches to spend...... :glasses9:

I do have to admit...I do like paper cataloques...I like browsing through them and I can make marks next to 'interesting' things..I still find comparison between seed varieties less fiddly when having different catalogues open in appropriate places than having several web pages on same time. Nothing more frustrating than you click on wrong page or something else happen and you are having start search all over again...at least when it is on paper, it is there....unless you happen to knock that cuppa all over it.. :drunken_smilie: 

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 03:41:55 »
Many of the catalogues have such beautiful pictures that, after they're paged through, I'd like to try decoupaging something with them making something wildly colorful. Something BIG. But I can't think what.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

digmore

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 06:56:53 »
 :toothy10: Digeroo,  your humour makes the point, I agree.

Digmore.  :wave:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal