Author Topic: cat's toilet..!  (Read 35590 times)

jethro87

• Not So New ...
Re: cat's toilet..!
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2009, 11:05:36 »
Creosote is phenol based as is jayes fluid , cats absorb phenol through their skin.you will end up poisoning them. gotta agree with lewic >:(
If there's no oil under it, there's no oil in it.

carbonel11

• Half Acre
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2009, 08:48:16 »
Poisoning and delivering pain to an animal simply because it performs the natural function of defecating in the environment does indeed seem sick. I wonder where Mr Smith's sh*t ends up and does it smell of roses  ;D or does it like everybody elses end up in an antiquated sewage system polluting the environment?

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2009, 15:05:14 »
from your last post am I to take it that you welcome all wildlife onto your garden? (including, slugs, snails, aphids, pigeons, crows, rabbits, etc etc?)
btw, not everyone uses an antiquated victorian sewerage system a lot of folk have cess-pits, or composting toilets these days!
Up to 65% of all sewerage in the uk is treated and spread on the land as 'biosolids', fertiliser!!
You couldn't make it up!

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2009, 15:30:37 »
Personally I would like my turds to go on to the garden of who ever owns this mangy cat and before I get accuse of murder the bloody thing is still wandering up and down the road at all times of the day and night, so much for you lot out there the loving cat fraternity,

carbonel11

• Half Acre
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2009, 15:43:37 »
Personally I would like my turds to go on to the garden of who ever owns this mangy cat and before I get accuse of murder the bloody thing is still wandering up and down the road at all times of the day and night, so much for you lot out there the loving cat fraternity,

I'm glad to hear the blameless moggy is still alive. Personally I think sh*tting in the owners garden is so much more a proportionate response than hurting the poor creature and has hugely more comic appeal  ;D.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2009, 15:46:41 »
Glad to see this thread has taken a turd for the better!! ;)
You couldn't make it up!

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2009, 16:14:08 »
If its not the cats fault then its the owners fault it would make a change for once to see these cat owners own up for kicking their cats out in all weathers and turding up on my property, ;D

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2009, 17:33:13 »
Spoken like a true dog person. Every cat person knows you don't own a cat, it just uses you for as long as it pleases! And we don't chuck them out for the toilet like you have to do with your stupid dogs, they choose to go out rather than fester in their own feaceas...

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2009, 18:25:30 »
My friend Doris buys those cheap kebab sticks for small areas pushed in the ground about 3to4 ins apart they stop them squatting :o :o
I've tried allsorts in our garden including a rather pricey electronic thing which the grandchildren could hear but the cats just did their dirty deeds right in front of it. >:(Oh i wish our beautiful golden retrievers were still alive you only had to mention the word cats and they were off like a rocket!
sanity is overated

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2009, 18:44:52 »
Spoken like a true Pacifist and Quaker that's if you are wearing that particular hat tonight you seem to change your views by the post, and by the way I don't pretend to be know everything about gardening I never have done also I don't have a problem with animals only with ones like you, so  now we have it Ollie don't like dogs, how horrible of you I'm going to report you to the Battersea dogs home and the Pooch police, :P

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2009, 18:47:55 »
I don't like Cats or Dogs (but if I got really hungry I could change my mind...  :P )
Will somebody please report me now... I don't care to whom...  ::)

Jokerman

• Half Acre
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2009, 18:57:00 »
shoot them......   ::)
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ Tolkien

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2009, 18:57:59 »
or me....  :-X

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2009, 19:11:46 »
I never said I was a Quaker, smiffy, I said my family were & that this greatly influences my views including but not restricted to pacifism. And so you know, it's okay to argue if you're a pacifist... can't see what this has to do with cats though.

And personally, if I were king, I'd ban most dogs (unless they're working animals). I don't think people should have the luxury of their parasite infested, slobbering, child munching, stinking, crotch-sniffing "pets". So yes, you have me there. At the very least I would like to see all dogs being on a lead & muzzled when in a public place. Bloody things.

This is not the same as painting them with creosote.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 19:18:20 by OllieC »

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2009, 19:28:29 »
I wonder what any potential new members would think if they read this thread before the ones where everyone is so kind to one another?
Jackie

carbonel11

• Half Acre
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2009, 19:36:32 »
I wonder what any potential new members would think if they read this thread before the ones where everyone is so kind to one another?

Now then Hector just cause you crossed party lines what with that ZaZa and even that green creature Kiki, don't come all holier than though  ;) ;D

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2009, 19:38:07 »
lol. Well, there you go, my cover is rumbled :)  Holy???....you are wayyyyyyy off target there :)
Jackie

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2009, 19:39:34 »

It's the reason I and many others are a lot less active than we once were - certain posters insist on digressing and getting personal all the time. I just can't be bothered to post much...

electric landlady

• Half Acre
  • digging, digging, digging (in Nottingham)
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2009, 21:04:24 »
Whoa...didn't realise this would get so contentious! I'd love it if all cat owners trained their moggies to use a litter tray which was then hygienically emptied and the contents transformed into odour-free organic fertiliser...but this just ain't going to happen, so I'm sticking with gentle non-creosote based discouragement.

Has anyone tried sprinkling lion poo around the place? I've heard this scares off cats...but it occurs to me that heaps of lion poo may actually be worse than heaps of cat poo, not to mention the fact that I've no idea where to get it.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2009, 21:18:32 »
HOW MANY TIMES A DAY DO THESE CAT HATERS THINK A CAT CRAPS??????

My cats don't use a litter tray - they use my garden. If they sometimes go in someone else's garden, well, tough.  There's a cat near my allotment that craps on my beds, so what??? I just dig it in and thank the cat for catching the pigeons that some well meaining old bag with nothing better to do feeds with breadcrumbs near the plots.

We have open plan front gardens in my road, we get plenty of dog walkers passing by (we have woods where they run free) - where do the b@st@rds crap?  Yes, on my front lawn.  I don't hate dogs, but give me cats any day. Certainly preferable to kids. (Ollie's excepted, of course)

The Tuscan Beaneater

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal