Author Topic: Buying / renting  (Read 1941 times)

elhuerto

• Acre
Buying / renting
« on: May 11, 2009, 12:58:13 »
We currently rent an allotment off one of the old guys in the village. It's a two minute walk away and has water, shed and loads of his old tools and rotivator - it's a bit pricey but well worth it. However, there are a couple of plots for sale in the next town (5km away) that we're going to have a look at this week. I know they have water, are around 800 sq metres and are on a site with quite a few plots. The advantage here would be the ability to make more long term plans with establishing fruit trees and canes that I can't do now really. I've got to weigh up the benefits against the pain of getting in the car to get there.

When taking a look, what would you be looking out for apart from the obvious?
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

betula

• Hectare
Re: Buying / renting
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 13:06:37 »
Our allotment site is under threat.The owner of the land is a builder and he intends to apply for planning permission to build .He has said he will find us another site.We have to wait and see.Check out what is happening re the future of the site.

I tried to travel to my allotment when I moved.It was hard to let go.I had to in the end as it was just not working. :)

I suppose if the owner of the land is elderly you have to think what will happen long term. :)

Sorry I missed the bit that said it was for sale....that may make it worthwhile.

Don't you have probs with land grabbing over there though?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 13:09:12 by betula »

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 18:28:48 »
Ideally I would buy the allotment off the old guy here but unfortunately I don't think that's going to be possible, and as there's no contract involved the situation is a bit precarious. Land grabbing isn't an issue here, that's more of a "costas thing" I believe. To add to my original post, what do you look for when viewing a new allotment?
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 19:17:17 »
Well most of us do not look for anything because of huge waiting lists.We are grateful just to be offered that weed and bramble infested patch to call your own. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal