Author Topic: Newspaper Pots  (Read 2202 times)

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
Newspaper Pots
« on: September 21, 2004, 12:43:52 »
I am making my own pots from newspaper so thought I'd post some instructions incase anyone else wants to give it a go. Great because the newspaper will rot away so minimum root disturbance to your plants, simply plant the whole thing, pot and all.

First get yourself two bottles or cups that stack inside each other. I used a 2 litre water bottle cut in half and a 1 litre plastic ginger ale bottle. I filled the ginger ale bottle with water for strength and weight.

You will also need large sheet newspaper and I use a tiny piece of sticky tape to make life easier but you can get away without that.

First fold one piece of the large sheet newspaper in half (like a closed book).

Now place the 2 litre bottle so that it covers the bottom 1 third of the newspaper. Now roll the newspaper around the bottle. Use a little piece of tape to secure the paper so that it does not unravel.

This is the tricky bit and you may need to fiddle with it a bit until you get the hang of it. Fold the top bit of the newspaper that is sticking up above the bottle inside the bottle.

Push the 1 litre bottle inside to squash the paper down.

Remove the 1 litre bottle. Gently remove the 2 litre bottle from the newspaper.

You are left with a pot, ready to fill with soil and sow your seeds or cuttings. Easy hey!

You can make different size pots by using other containers, I made the smaller ones using two plastic drink cups.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Granny_Smith

• Half Acre
  • Of course its me - who else could look like this ?
Re:Newspaper Pots
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 13:56:59 »
Thats very clever Jesseveve, will have a go myself. Tried to see what jobs were on offer but could only read the roofing contractors adverts!!!
Granny is still your best friend !

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal