Author Topic: Ginger beer plant  (Read 12952 times)

ARV

• Not So New ...
Re: Ginger beer plant
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 15:32:56 »
Hi Tim, If you had any GBP ready for splitting in a couple of weeks time i would be grateful to receive some
Andrew

Raudhbjorn

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 11:26:46 »
I purchased some "real" ginger beer plant a couple of months ago, and have been making ginger beer ever since.  But I am unable to get the grains to reproduce.  I would really like to ramp up my production (currently making 1.5 US Gal. per week, sharing 1 gallon and using .5).  Anyone know how to go about "breeding" new grains?

Raudhbjorn

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 08:43:25 »
I'm starting a new batch of ginger beer tomorrow and will probably have some proper ginger beer plant available afterwards as I'm making 5 gallons of the stuff!

Is anyone interested in a swap?  I'd like to try Kefir (so some grains would be a good start...) however I have an allotment so would be willing to swap for plants of the edible nature (ie something that produces fruit or veg)

I have a young kombucha mother I'd swap for some GBP.  How much are we talking about?

moment

• Not So New ...
Re: Ginger beer plant--TIM_N AND ERISTIC
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 19:17:03 »
 ::) ::)heres a challenge to  the both of you!!!tim_n i would love to try your plant/fungi? and eristic, give me your recipe, which i will follow to the letter then i`ll get several people to taste test-and bring you both back the results to publish on here-how about that ?? ::) ::)!!!!

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 23:46:41 »
recipies with things you can do with ginger beer

http://www.bundaberg-brew.com.au/default.asp?pid=16

Bundaberg ginger beer is my fav with a dash of lime :)

vetivier

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 16:10:03 »
hi Tim,
Do you still have some ginger beer plant? I would love to trade with you. I have kefir grains, hand made soaps, yougur cultures and sour dough bread cultures.
I would love traditional ginger beer cultures.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal