Author Topic: Home made Cloches  (Read 60047 times)

steve76

• Acre
Re: Home made Cloches
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 20:19:49 »
Wow :D Impressed with all that.....
Looking at putting up a poly tunnel at my plot and you have gave me some good ideas

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 12:15:59 »
I've taken the plastic off while this wind is blowing - otherwise it will take off  >:( >:( >:( >:(
The Tuscan Beaneater

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 08:45:33 »
Anyone any idea what those brackets are where Laurens blue tubing slots in at the wooden frame. We want some but can't find them as no idea what they are called.
Jackie

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 10:08:47 »
You could browse around Wickes or Screwfix websites ... ...
The Tuscan Beaneater

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 18:03:04 »
I love screwfix but couldnt see them there?
Jackie

daxzen

• Half Acre
  • this is isaac he is my allotment troll
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 15:30:37 »
if you want a solid job ...

use the 65mm conduit - i have orange coloured but i have seen others  - the great thing about that stuff is that it fits over scaffolding poles and now you are talking about something that will stand the sternest test.

Buy visqueen plastic sheet in a roll to cover it!

shambasarfi

• Quarter Acre
  • Growing vegetables in our back garden
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2009, 00:02:47 »
That MDPE piping from Screwfix - which is better to get - the 20 mm or the 25 mm?

For cabbages, which don't need polinating, you can use that debris netting (which I have made a note of in Favourites), but what is the best sort of netting to protect plants that do need to be polinated?

Shamba
When a man tries to drown his sorrows he generally makes his head swim!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 07:39:21 »
Here's one I made earlier ;D

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2009, 07:41:04 »
Sorry forgot to attach the pic.

Here's one I made earlier.

[attachment=1]

Buster54

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 09:10:45 »
Me too
I'm not the Messiah - I'm a very naughty boy."

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 21:50:29 »
I was just about to post about this subjet..  Have just made a DIY polytunnel which will probably be OK for summer but I want to reinforce it for winter with heavy duty polythene, closable flaps at each end, and attach the poles together properly - at the moment the side bars are attached with duck tape and string.

Have been round B&Q, Screwfix, Wickes, garden centres, and various polytunnel websites looking for the T/cross shape fittings to connect the tubes together, to no avail. It doesnt help that I dont know what they are called!

Mine is made with 20mm underfloor heating pipe with garden canes stuffed down them to keep the sides straight, and cheapo polythene from B&Q. The clamps are there because I ran out of duck tape to stick the polythene down..

luckydog

• Half Acre
  • Montgomeryshire
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 16:13:46 »

Have been round B&Q, Screwfix, Wickes, garden centres, and various polytunnel websites looking for the T/cross shape fittings to connect the tubes together, to no avail. It doesnt help that I dont know what they are called!

Anyone any idea what those brackets are where Laurens blue tubing slots in at the wooden frame. We want some but can't find them as no idea what they are called.

Any ideas anyone?  Am looking for the same things!   :)

Anisemary

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 23:02:42 »
Lauren, can I ask where you bought the corner/straight brackets to accept the piping? Thanks.

amphibian

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 08:31:03 »

timf

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 16:24:42 »
I was just about to post about this subjet..  Have just made a DIY polytunnel which will probably be OK for summer but I want to reinforce it for winter with heavy duty polythene, closable flaps at each end, and attach the poles together properly - at the moment the side bars are attached with duck tape and string.

Mine is made with 20mm underfloor heating pipe with garden canes stuffed down them to keep the sides straight, and cheapo polythene from B&Q. The clamps are there because I ran out of duck tape to stick the polythene down..

1 inch roofing batten along the run and the pipes attached with saddle clamps

Jonah68

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2013, 20:13:01 »
Just get some dowel rod cut into short 10 cm lengths that is the approximate size of the inside of your tubing, maybe broom handle size is about right, and silicone glue it inside the two pieces.

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2014, 07:11:40 »
Did anyone ever find out the name of the connectors LaurenS used . Great thread :)
Jackie

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal