Author Topic: How much do you pay?  (Read 7577 times)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: How much do you pay?
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 19:40:53 »
As treasurer I keep pressing for an "Old Farts" increase, as they aren't at work they can get more out of it, be there longer so should pay more....  :o

veggamite

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 19:48:16 »
They should get a reduction - how can you be so harsh.

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 19:51:38 »
   saddad,  what do you define as an '' old fart ''  ?

I wish I could hover over you when I become '' an old fart  '' !      ::)

Don't you know we are still young in our mature bodies,   --  don't

you know that '' what we feel is''   '' what you presume and see ''

I still like you,      ;)

floss  xxx
Hertfordshire,   south east England

bjude9

• Not So New ...
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 19:58:39 »
Over 65's get a reduction on our site, but kinda agree with you saddad  ;) they can go more often, my retired Mother-in-law has a plot on my site and she practically lives there, I am luck if I get 1 day a week other than that its a few snatched moments here and there! :-\

PJW_Letchworth

• Half Acre
    • the allotment - plot 36a
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 20:04:31 »
sorry if this upsets a few but I pay £ 3 a year for 3 plots and this includes water.and discounted compost fertalisers etc from the stores  . Ours is a village site and we have had a grant off the community council to get 20+ tons of manure delivered .Get this though...this is the first year in the 5 that I've been on the site that all the plots are taken

:o :o :o :o :o I'm jealous and I want a plot!
"I will be really pleased when I've had enough of this"

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 20:06:52 »

So when are you entitled to some ''old age '' ????

Excuse me , but I have earn't my time in  '' rehab ''   [joke ],    ;D

You young people will never understand until you get there yourselves !

It will come , and all I can say is ''   enjoy  ''     ;)

floss xxx

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 20:13:30 »

bjude9 ,   sorry , you are so ' sour grapes ' ,  get a grip  --  is it all 'me me me ',

---  love your ' ma in law ',  perhaps she ' lives there ' because she doesn't see

you and your familly  enough !

lightyears

• Quarter Acre
    • Holmesphotographic
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 20:17:44 »
£35 a year, water piped into my shed, free usage no rules. Horse manure at request by the truck loads.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 20:29:50 »
bit harsh sadad!!! our *old farts*  deserve their reduction,not least because they pass down all their advice they have picked up over the years,but also cos they act as a constant precence onsite,and a few of ours run our stores,i as sec certainly dont have time to do that!!! and hey,they earn less than us youngsters!!!!!!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

hopalong

• Hectare
  • East Finchley, North London
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 20:32:08 »
"Old fart" is defined as over 60 on my site. We pay £26 a year (it's £46 for under 60s) and of course we deserve it! Water tap and tank for every 4 plots. Trading shed. Composting loos at either end. Communal compost heap. Communal trolleys and wheelbarrows. Rotavator for hire. Good sources of free wood and pallets. Swap table. Horse manure at £40 for a huge load (I share with other plotholders). :D
Keep Calm and Carry On

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 21:29:55 »
Wasn't intending to offend anyone...
The "old fart" was a continuation from a previous comment but it was on the previous page... so maybe you didn't pick up that I was using someone else's comment... hence the "quotation"
 :-[

70fingers

• Half Acre
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 21:51:35 »
One plot costs £3 a year, no water land held in trust/town council and a committee manages the plots.
 The second plot costs £43 a year/£25 concession, with water and managed by the Borough Council.

So does that make us newbies "fresh farts" then?? ;D

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 22:03:32 »
Plot 1 is roughly £7 per yr no facilities ( we took a derelict area and turned it into productive lottie in 2004 - and put up fences, so parish council decided the investment we put in was lieu of the rent to 2014?

Plots 2 and 3 were £10 per year - but the rent went to £15 per year this year. This is the first rent increase in 20 yrs apparently so no complaints from me. I used to spend close to £600 pa at a gym and spa - hated it. i now get treee times the exercise for a fraction of the cost and love it.

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 22:15:59 »
sorry if this upsets a few but I pay £ 3 a year for 3 plots and this includes water.and discounted compost fertalisers etc from the stores  . Ours is a village site and we have had a grant off the community council to get 20+ tons of manure delivered .Get this though...this is the first year in the 5 that I've been on the site that all the plots are taken

:o :o :o I've just choked on my cuppa

You've just choked!!!!!!! i paid £83 with water............I think it's time i moved house :)

hopalong

• Hectare
  • East Finchley, North London
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 22:55:54 »
Wasn't intending to offend anyone...
The "old fart" was a continuation from a previous comment but it was on the previous page... so maybe you didn't pick up that I was using someone else's comment... hence the "quotation"
 :-[
No offence taken, by me at any rate
Keep Calm and Carry On

iain j

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 00:54:22 »
For half a plot I pay £11, no water on tap  rene and a trough
Iain j

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 01:53:20 »

can I live with you?

Those reactions made me laugh so much saddad you cheeky swine!

oinkchooo! oinkchooo!

whats wrong with me, do I have a weird flu bug?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:58:55 by sawfish »

lavenderlux

• Acre
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 08:01:34 »
We pay £35 for a ten rod plot as we get pensioners discount.  We have water, a secure site, regular deliveries of wood chippings, a trading shed, a trading table, machinery we can use (on payment of minimal cost to cover fuel and upkeep) and, as of yesterday, we have a composting toilet on site (the people who installed and erected this were all retired).

"Old farts" may be able to go to their plots more often than those who work but on our site its the "old farts" who run things, like being field secretary, keeping the site tidy ad maintained, keeping our field owned machinery in good order, cutting the grass verges and communal areas, managing our wildlife area, arrange schools visits and much more, including investigating sources of 'grants' and the work involved in applying for them. 

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 08:13:48 »
My stepson wants to get one in 1066s area as he has no garden at all. I think allotments are wonderful places  :)

Yeah! The more the merrier  :D

So does that make us newbies "fresh farts" then?? ;D

;D  from a fresh fart........  :o

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 08:15:53 »
There certainly seems to be a lot of difference with costs and facilities.

There was talk about the EEC making some uniformity with allotments.

All the same size, facilities to be provided and so on.

We each pay £30 a year, no concessions. The council just supplies the land and we lease it from them as a Self managed self financing site. We could re-let every plot twice over there are so many on the waiting list.

It could be better, but changes do not always mean improvements do they?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal