Author Topic: Cornys been given notice to quit.  (Read 7489 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Cornys been given notice to quit.
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 16:48:46 »
Don't worry unwashed I won't be pushed around but if its going no where I may call you in to bamboozle them, thinking of it I'm going to give them another ring.          ;D ;D ;D     
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 17:30:30 »
Don't worry, I am sure they will be quite reasonable, if not, I will arrange a protest match and we can all go to the Civic Centre and wave banners that say 'Save Cornys allotment' or else.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 18:32:59 »
Cheers Borlotti, I rang the fella earlier and he said he's had a word with who ever it concerned and it has fell on deaf ears, I explained that I have no proof because I shredded all my paperwork 3/4 weeks ago and composted it on my lottie the green way that my council advises us to do so, he basically agreed with we but said theres not much more he could do, so I am ringing or writing to his boss tomorrow and telling her that in fact I have been paying over the odds for the past four years and they will probably owe me money in the end, I have also told him that I have a solicit er involved, so its onward and upwards, better start painting them banners Borlotti.        ;D ;D ;D

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 18:43:49 »
Seems a lot of arseache to me. Pay them the money. Then argue about it later or hold back this years. If you have been over charged then they will return it. So either way you get your money.

If it turns out they have made mistake then go for them. Not worth the hassle. Seems a bit daft to cut your nose to spite your face.

Just my opnion.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 18:56:47 »
As you said flunky, your opinion but not mine so I'll do it my way its called principal.     ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 18:58:26 by cornykev »

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 19:18:14 »
I like a man of principles ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 19:24:01 »
They should have given me the job, or at least an application form when I applied for it, but think the lady who had the job was never there.  That was probably the time she lost your money.  Don't think she was dishonest but just a bit confused of Enfield.  I certainly thought the department was completely in disarray 5/6 years ago, but do agree it has got much better lately and find them quite helpful.  I suppose because the income from allotments is quite small they would rather deal with Council tax.  Didn't get my allotment bill from the Treasurers Department until late this year and some people never one.  Let me know when I should painting my banner 'SAVE CORNY'S ALLOTMENT', don't think you really have to worry, I am sure it is just 'a storm in a teacup' and as they admitted to me their paper work years ago was not too good.

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 19:31:53 »
Contact your local paper? They usually love to cover a spat with the council, especially if accompanied with pics of large vegetables. Wouldnt be surprised if the council have done this to other people too.

Like Flunky I would just cough up eventually to get them off my case, but perhaps our waiting lists are longer than yours!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 19:36:16 »
Well if Corny is going to contact the local paper give me a chance to get my hair done and wear my best clothes before I stand outside the Council offices with my banner.  Do like to look my best in a photograph.  As an old age pensioner, hopefully I can protest without getting arrested.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 21:36:24 »
Borlotti cancel your hair appointment, rip up your banners, principals won it in the end, CORNY CRUSHES COUNCIL, more to follow.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 23:54:31 »
Well if Corny is going to contact the local paper give me a chance to get my hair done and wear my best clothes before I stand outside the Council offices with my banner.  Do like to look my best in a photograph.  As an old age pensioner, hopefully I can protest without getting arrested.

We have to wear clothes?.... there goes my best way of protest..... oh... he won?...... Hurrah for the effectiveness of fully-clothed protest!!.....

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 09:00:22 »
Kev did you ask for compensation ;D ;D ;D
                             I want em saying

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 19:26:06 »
Kev did you ask for compensation ;D ;D ;D

I was recently advised (after our council sent out threatening final demands without having sent out the invoices in the first place) that the best way to claim compensation is under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, which allows for civil remedy including compensation for anxiety!

(In our case they quickly apologised, so we didn't pursue it  ;D  )

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 20:37:12 »
We have to wear clothes?.... there goes my best way of protest...

If you ever return goods to Customer services in Supermarkt do you use the same approach...even in Winter???  ;D

Glad to hear you got that payment thing sorted Corneykev.
Jackie

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 17:25:15 »
Hi all, I was just going away the other day so I just left a short message on here. Well Tuesday I rang the council and asked for the woman in charge and was told I had to write or email........not happy  :(     
I wrote an email and let the OH tart it up a bit.....take out the swear words.    :-X
She works for the council so put some stuff in that would make them think a bit. ???
The next day I got a phone call asking if I had got an email from them.....no I've just got in from work......blimey that's quick.    ???
The lady on the phone said that my alleged non payment had been quashed and I will get a cheque for £25 for over payments    ;).....is there anything else we can do......now they want to be friends...as it happens we have problems with our water.... OK bye.
Four minutes later the maintenance guy rings... blah    blah   blah.
On the email they say there has been problems with the admin  in earlier years... yes I told you so ...and we apologise for any stress we may have caused you.    :P
Theres loads more, but I think you get the gist of things.   
All well that ends well.     ;D ;D ;D

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 17:27:24 »
Result!
And well done CK for fighting your corner

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 17:39:52 »
Well done, Corny.  Glad you got such a good result.

I've heard that letters carry more weight than emails, for some reason.
The Tuscan Beaneater

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 18:25:54 »
great stuff Kev :D
                             I want em saying

flossy