Author Topic: WHAT IS YOUR OTHER HOBBY!  (Read 5666 times)

skyblu

• Quarter Acre
Re: WHAT IS YOUR OTHER HOBBY!
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 11:50:22 »
My greyhounds take up a lot of my time and are hugely enjoyable so I guess they come within the definitions of a hobby.  I also have a little hobby blog about the hound and allotment.

I've just bought hubby a telescope so I think I might elbow him out of the way and take up astronomy too  ;)
http://packdoughty.wordpress.com/  gardening and greyhounds....

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 19:31:02 »
Icky makes stickies...!

banshee

• Half Acre
  • Watched over by Nya
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2009, 00:53:44 »
Reading, walking and collecting natural crystals. I also like reading and finding out about all things paranormal, as I find it fascinating to learn about experiences that people have that just don't quite fit in the 'normal' range of things.
Little garden plot, tended by faeiries, eaten by snails............

robbo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2009, 04:41:35 »
Flying (Private Pilot), travelling, in the Far East mainly, playing darts and fishing are my main hobbies, but the garden is taking up most of my time at the moment.

Robbo.
Don't take life so seriously, it's not permanent.

pippy

• Acre
  • North Notts Allotments!
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2009, 20:38:04 »
Gosh - I used to do load of things - Dinghy Sailing, Mountain Climbing, Cycling, Running, Skiing.  then I had children and they all stopped .... took up the Lottie 2 years back and it fits around them better than any on the above  ;)

Now they are 6 and 4 so we are just starting to get out and about again.  It seems like the whole world opens up to you when you don't have to ask if they need a wee every half an hour ;D !
Leave only footprints, take only photographs ....

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2009, 20:46:46 »
Photography and Tae Kwon Do.  That way I can take pictures of my allotment and my bruises  ;D
Best laid plans and all that

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2009, 21:22:58 »
Now they are 6 and 4 so we are just starting to get out and about again.  It seems like the whole world opens up to you when you don't have to ask if they need a wee every half an hour ;D !

doesn't it just ;D

siandc

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2009, 21:32:07 »
Fleet of old Vws. A beetle, a modified off road beetle, an old variant estate and a campervan!!  8)

One or the other usually needs TLC, generally the off road one,

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2009, 23:08:50 »
Pippy, as they get older your next hobby will be taking your children to various parties, sports things etc. etc. then when they are teenagers sitting at home worrying that they are out, or if they are in worrying they have no friends and staying in.  I think the toilet thing every half hour is better than sitting up all night waiting for a phone call  to collect them or worse than that no phone call.

pippy

• Acre
  • North Notts Allotments!
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2009, 14:25:43 »
I shall enjoy them now while I can Borlotti!!   I also have two step daughters of 18 and 26 so have seen the teen years.

Quoting my Uncle on the subject "Your cousin went into her bedroom at 12 and came out of it again at 21 as far as I could see!"   ;D ;D
Leave only footprints, take only photographs ....

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2009, 00:35:20 »
Analog projection lighting for nightclubs and festivals (see www.myspace.com/photonweaver),
Chris - thats amazing stuff!

Thanks  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal