Author Topic: Shedding  (Read 1355 times)

tata

Shedding
« on: April 30, 2009, 20:57:13 »
Can anyone give me some advice why my 1 year old dachsund could be shedding too much hair. It is worse than my cats. She does not have mange, fleas, or dry skin. She gets regular baths with flea and tick shampoo. We also use sebbhorrea shampoo on her. My other dachsund who is 7 coughs when she gets too excited or has runny eyes like allergies. Has anyone experienced these symptoms. I have taken both of them to the vet and they do nothing. How about doggy bad breath. Cannot keep them out of cat box. I Need help

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: Shedding
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 21:43:54 »
Hi Tata

Dogs are better off not being bathed unless there's a really good reason.  Even doggie shampoo washes the natural oils out of their skin and disrupts the natural balance of skin flora/fauna.  Has she just finished her season? that might have left her a bit run-down.  Have you tried front-line - we had terrible trouble with ticks before, but front-line totally works and isn't toxic.  Give your breeder a call, I'm sure they'd be happy to advise.

Are you saying they're eating the pooh from the cat litter tray?  I've certainly known dogs that would do that.  If you have the patience you could train the dogs not to, otherwise you just have to physically keep the dogs away from the litter tray - could you put the tray up off the floor?
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal