Author Topic: South coast freeview  (Read 875 times)

ACE

• Hectare
South coast freeview
« on: April 29, 2009, 07:53:41 »
Is there anybody else along the sunny sarf coast who is having trouble with freeview since they changed the signal earlier this month.

Even though we have the  right ariel and equipment the set that is used for freeview is pixilating and crackling. Sometimes no signal at all. I'ts all been retuned etc. so I do not need lessons in tuning thankyou, nor do I need lessons on the joys of not even owning a set.

Anyway the official response is 'we do not get a digital signal yet!'  So do not buy a licence until 2012 because you cannot be prosecuted for watching something you do not get.

This advice only applies to the beautiful people down south. I don't suppose you poor people up north and specially in the midlands have a licence anyway.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: South coast freeview
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 08:22:08 »
Now Ace you are asking for trouble. We in the Midlands are very fortunate to be getting a more than perfect signal. Those who are responsible for sending the signal daan to the sarf coast probably think you sarfeners are clever enough to be able to sort it out yerselves ;D ;D ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

genlistlass

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 09:22:52 »
Hey up, bonny lad!

Us up here in the frozen N.E.  DO pay our licences and yes we DO get a perfect signal. Maybe it's cos we pay our bills  ;D

Gen in outer Northumberland
No allotment but medium sized garden with greenhouse, small-ish raised veggie plot and little shed.....my little kingdom:-)

Vony

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 19:11:39 »
I suppose that no one has ever even considered the senior citizens, that sit in there homes with the only comfort they have are the 'soaps' but because of the change over to digital will not be able to afford a new TV and will sit watching blank screens

So what about these poor folk

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 19:38:00 »
I suppose that no one has ever even considered the senior citizens, that sit in there homes with the only comfort they have are the 'soaps' but because of the change over to digital will not be able to afford a new TV and will sit watching blank screens

So what about these poor folk

If people are over 75, disabled, blind or partially sighted they can get help with the digital switchover.
http://www.helpscheme.co.uk/en/helpscheme

Nobody has to get a new tv as long as their existing tv has a scart socket they will just need a freeview box, prices start at about £20.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal