Author Topic: Annoyed in Vermont  (Read 2710 times)

john_miller

• Hectare
Annoyed in Vermont
« on: August 24, 2004, 05:16:32 »
Or should that be 'Disgusted in Vermont'?
Could someone, anyone, please tell me when the Olympics finish? For reasons that seem to have passed me by, apparently the World Service cannot live stream anything presently "because of global rights restrictions to do with the Olympics". This apparently extends to everything, including, as happened two nights ago, a news broadcast, interrupted and terminated by that message, concerning the problems that Floida shrimp fisherman are having with global marketing!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Re:Annoyed in Vermont
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 11:40:51 »
Hi John,

Sorry to hear you are so frustrated - I think the Olympics closing ceremony could be this coming Sunday.  Do I take it that you do not like the Olympics?  I must admit I have been glued to the box while they have been on, and pleased to see that UK have earned a few more gold medals than at Sydney!

Pat
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Pixie

• Acre
  • Chorlton the magical happiness dragon
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 15:18:40 »
I must say that I don't enjoy sport personally (even though I am an avid archer) it looks like to much hard work - But I really do admire them for having that determination and drive. The gynastics are fantastic and the runners - I could just about run to the middle of our drive (1 mile long) cos it is down hill but not up the other side.

I watch them because it is only for a few weeks every four years and those sporty persons have put a lot of time and effort in for just a few seconds.

I don't like it when it is on all the channels all the time but blame the tv companies not the sports and in the UK it is only on two of our five mainstream channels. (we only get BBC1 & 2 and ITV when it isn't bad weather and forget channel 4 or 5)

Sam
"Jump in, we'll take you for a spin, and show you round the Wheelie World..."

john_miller

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 01:11:19 »
 I share your admiration GG, my attempts at athleticism could only have entered the record books for all the wrong reasons, but why at 4 a.m. in the U.K. can the Beeb not broadcast it's regular programming? A local FM station here starts broadcasting the American edition of the World Service at 10 p.m. but I'm generally in bed by then! I also find the American edition doesn't carry as much news about the rest of the world as does the European edition, which is the streamed version. I tried Radio 4's overnight stream once and even that got terminated! Doh.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 11:49:04 »
No, John - it's Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

But you could be P....d Off of Pimlico? = Tim

john_miller

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 02:27:52 »
It's back, thankfully. With school starting tomorrow all the noisy neighbourhood kids go back too!!!!
In future, Tim, in this situation, I shall be 'Vexed in Vermont".

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 16:28:09 »
Missed out on that one, didn't I! = Tim

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal