Author Topic: Is anyone worried about swine flu?  (Read 14711 times)

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
Re: Is anyone worried about swine flu?
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2009, 13:45:28 »
We are allowing ourselves to be misused by the pharmaceutical industries which surround us.

Very, very true.

My colleague was speaking to his doctor friend at the weekend,who said that no way should he (my colleague) give Tamiflu to his kids, and that he would never give it to his own.

As well as being ineffective, it has lots of side effects, including delerium and in a few cases suicide. Japanese officials banned its use for teenagers in 2007; look up the side effects for yourself before you add to the drug companies' profits, and put your child at more risk. I certainly will not allow my boys to have it if they get the disease.

Of course, the drug companies themselves have produced reports that deny the side effects.... ::)
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2009, 14:21:10 »
I can tell you from first hand experience that Tamiflu can be horrendous.
I work at a school that was one of the first to close and we had some horrible experiences with tamiflu which everyone was given.
Two workmates fell asleep (sitting upright) in their lunch hours, I crashed my car, mad murderous vivid dreams all round, vomiting, delerium - I had to stop taking them as I couldn't function.

Of course if people were dropping like flies then I might change my mind but as it stands I wont be taking that again. 
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2009, 15:32:16 »
Two workmates fell asleep (sitting upright) in their lunch hours, I crashed my car, mad murderous vivid dreams all round, vomiting, delerium - I had to stop taking them as I couldn't function.
Did you have flu?
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2009, 16:08:36 »
Did you have flu?

You wanna be careful with a name like that. The swine flu police will be knocking on your door soon with a bath full of alcohol gel and a box of tissues.
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2009, 16:24:36 »
Did you have flu?

Nope no flu for me but as we were one of the first outbrakes I figure there was a bit of an over reaction.  I think 11 pupils had it in total.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal