Author Topic: Use for old blinds (again)  (Read 4149 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Use for old blinds (again)
« on: April 27, 2009, 17:15:00 »
I now its an old one but with newbies at a rate of a 1000 a day I thought I'd tell you about some old wooden blinds that the OH's mate was throwing out, they are stripped cut in half and now plant markers on my plot.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Use for old blinds (again)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 20:52:31 »
Yep, I use the metal ones, although I still haven't found a pen that doesn't wash off!

bjude9

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 20:57:37 »
Great idea! My OH did a similar thing with old louvre doors, they are great on the lottie and better still they were free!  ;D

cacran

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 22:32:41 »
I had an old roller blind made from reeds. I use it every year to throw over my greenhouse to shade the plants. It is heavy enough not to blow off. Seems to be ideal and easy to remove, roll up and store.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 09:15:20 »
My son manufactures vertical and roller blinds. He sometimes has to dispose of customers old venetian blinds. Must remind him NOT to throw them away :)

Al37

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 09:47:45 »
Yep, I use the metal ones, although I still haven't found a pen that doesn't wash off!
Have you tried the pens used for marking cd's ?

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 12:38:24 »
Yes! Sharpie permanent, recommended by lots of people but not up to the Yorkshire rain!

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 14:17:16 »

self adhesive office envelope stickers cut into half will adhere to the strips.

Writing in pencil does not fade like ink.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 17:49:34 »
Good idea. I have used a label-maker machine but it has run out of tape. Sticky labelsand apencil will definitely be cheaper!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 21:50:58 »
There were four blinds all together and one was more than enough, even after giving some of the strips away I was left with 3 full blinds , OH made a rare visit to the lottie, I think she got lost, she does a lot of that lately the other day I found her in the kitchen. Any way where was I, oh yes she said why dont you just hang them up on the fence to stop people in the park looking in, so we hung and tied to the fence. I now have no one looking in, it acts as a wind break, the ratting keeps the birds away and if I have visiters outside I just open the blinds.    ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

delboy

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 22:40:44 »
I use old wooden blinds and the louvres from kitchen cabinets for marking out crops.. but I staple on strips cut from estate agents' boards to make the pens show up better!

Pilot marker pens seem to last for two years at least.

Lots of estate agents boards in Surrey - tee hee
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about?

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 17:52:18 »
Delboy, I have a vision of lots of boards in Surrey saying "For Sa.." and you sneaking away with the offcuts! ;D

delboy

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 12:43:53 »
You must have seen me..

The posts are well handy too!
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about?

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 12:59:07 »
There were four blinds all together and one was more than enough, even after giving some of the strips away I was left with 3 full blinds , OH made a rare visit to the lottie, I think she got lost, she does a lot of that lately the other day I found her in the kitchen. Any way where was I, oh yes she said why dont you just hang them up on the fence to stop people in the park looking in, so we hung and tied to the fence. I now have no one looking in, it acts as a wind break, the ratting keeps the birds away and if I have visiters outside I just open the blinds.    ;D ;D ;D

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal