Author Topic: My new recycled Hexagonal greenhouse!!  (Read 3714 times)

70fingers

• Half Acre
My new recycled Hexagonal greenhouse!!
« on: April 21, 2009, 22:36:16 »
I am so happy - just managed to pick up a hexagonal greenhouse, I think it maybe a halls 8'4 with foldaway staging!

This is my first greenhouse so will be going through the old posts to pick up some tips.

It doesn't have guttering - does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around the hexagon?

All I have to do now is put it back together!!! :P

Thanks,
Clive

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: My new recycled Hexagonal greenhouse!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 22:52:23 »
Fingers crossed that it goes together well.... some commercial plastic guttering systems have 60degree corners as well as normal ones...  :-X

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 23:11:16 »
I work with a lady who has one of these, I will ask her about guttering (it will be next Monday that I see her)
Jackie

70fingers

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 23:25:38 »
thanks for the replies, it will probably take me a week to get it togethers as it needs a good clean, rusted bolts removed/replaced  and remaking some angled metal plates etc. I am so excited though it feels like I am aged five and Santa just arrived!!!  ;D

Its so nice to be around others who appreciates, as I normally get blank glazed stares when I go on about gardening etc :)

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 11:46:08 »
Snap!  I know what you mean 70 Fingers!

It is really lovely having people to listen to you that don't think you are completely daft and a sad old git!

Old Bird

:D

xlynettex

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 11:52:11 »
i too know how u feel ;D

we have just taken on an allotment and have been given a second hand green house which is all up apart from 2 pieces of glass missing.

my hubby and i are like 2 children at xmas with it all. can`t wait till summer when seeing all our hard work growing away. i also like to collect rare plant and my house can`t take any more so greenhouse will come in very handy just for them.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 19:22:43 »
I got my 6x8 greenhouse recently from Freecycle and I am so happy! It took ages to clean we had to scrub every pane of glass and we jet washed the frame. We broke four panes of glass the previous owner said the auto vent doesn't work but it does now  ;D!
I do understand your excitement because I was the  same!

Good luck with yours!

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 11:00:03 »
Lady at my work says her hexagonal greenhouse does have guttering, it's not a Halls. Maybe give here a ring?
http://www.hallsgreenhouses.co.uk/Halls_Silver_Aluminium_Hexagonal_Greenhouse.htm
Jackie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal