Author Topic: Just a few plants  (Read 2137 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Just a few plants
« on: April 21, 2009, 20:34:40 »
The trouble with doing garden shows is that all your plants must look good and be in flower on the day. This means moving them into the poly, or greenhouse when cold. getting them all out again if it is sunny or we are likely to have a nice shower. Then there is the temperature to watch, so they get moved in and out of the hot courtyard. Plus sometimes you have to hold them back if they get too far ahead.

This might seem easy to some until you see the amount of plants I have to shuffle about each day.

The stuff in the blue trays is an experiment in growing a transportable camomile lawn.
Here's a few more plants from around the back

The little roundhouse is full of lemon and orange plants, this is about half the total plants we will use. Also there is a lorryload of shrubs, trees and roses over on the mainland I have to look after, so I have to whip over on the ferry once a week to make sure they are all right.

Nice being busy ain't it?

betula

• Hectare
Re: Just a few plants
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 20:41:15 »
All looking good Ace. ;D

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 20:47:58 »
That roundhouse look familiar, Ace :)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 20:52:15 »
That roundhouse look familiar, Ace :)

Got it cheap, secondhand ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 18:12:50 »
that roundhouse...want one!

ACE I always love your pics of your work, or rather the work that goes into producing plants for a Show.. Thanks 8)

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 09:57:53 »
well im in absolute jealously you have an amazing garden your courtyard looks great first time ive seen your pics well i just wish i could grow all that i would give up my job tomorrow to do that all day everyday would be my dream to just garden all day would love to work in a nursary instead of an office

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 20:13:07 »
Love your gaudi like walls, how lovely!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal