Author Topic: Kind people  (Read 667 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Kind people
« on: April 21, 2009, 16:22:28 »
I was asked for a plant from my allotment, and as it has spread like mad I gladly dug up a big clump and gave it to a fellow allotment holder as his wife really liked it.  Saw him the other day and he said his wife had bought me a box of chocolates.  Haven't got them yet, but what a kind thought, should be embarrassed to receive them but I do love chocolates so will gratefully receive them.  Last year I got one bottle of wine, 12 packets of crisps (for the grandchildren) and more chocolates, all from the people I had given produce too.  I told them all off and said that if they kept giving me things I would not give them anymore courgettes, runner beans etc. but I did appreciate the kind thought and drunk the wine and ate the chocs.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
Re: Kind people
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 16:29:39 »
There are some great people on allotments aren't there Borlotti  :)

We're always giving stuff away and get the same back in kind (never chocolates though!)

And we do the 'great summer courgette swap' as well ... everyone hangs a bag of courgettes on someone else's lottie door and sure enough ... next morning there's a bag on your own door  ;D
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal