Author Topic: Budget Present Ideas for my Dad's 60th  (Read 1435 times)

samela

• Not So New ...
Budget Present Ideas for my Dad's 60th
« on: April 16, 2009, 12:51:19 »
Hi All,

It's my Dad's 60Th next week and I have no idea what to get him.  This year I'm totally flat broke so I'm looking for inspiration for cheap presents. He's very into my allotment and to be honest I don't know how I would have cleared all the brambles and got it up and running without him. He's been a star, bless him.  I'm a whizz with the sewing machine and have tones of fabric.  I also crochet and knit (bit late for a scarf though!) Was thinking of making him an apron for the lottie with best Dad or something embroidered on it.... Maybe a lottie box with some veggie seeds, the apron, maybe a veggie book (from a charity shop, I'm skint as I said).  Then there's the kids too. They need to get something for grandad.........Any ideas?

Men, what would you like from you're only daughter for your birthday?

Help!

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: Budget Present Ideas for my Dad's 60th
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 12:53:19 »
for my dads 70th last year i made him a family photo album,went down a storm,good luck finding the ideal gift,and happy birthday to your dad! (im sure he will love whatever you get him)
rach
x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 13:09:57 »
I like the photo book idea.

TOO late for this year but maybe next year a year on the allotment book,lots of before and after pics,pics of him working on the lottie,Harvesting,eating.Compiled into a story with pics.

Maybe you could get a box,cover with material and put some felt letters on to say Dad's lottie box and put inside all the little treasures you mention.
I have picked up some excellent books second hand,well worth a look.

Don't forget to make him a cake ;D

reddyreddy

• Hectare
  • Everybody dies but not everybody lives...
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 13:28:51 »
photo book is a great idea, I always get one from my hubby with photos of that year but you could do a 'this is your life' as he's 60.

Pink Fingers

• Quarter Acre
  • That's the pot planted, now for the veg ...
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 14:08:04 »
You could design a book of gift vouchers for him with a combination of whatever he likes best.  Dinner, homemade cakes, car cleaning, ironing, housework, gardening, back massage, day trip out with the family, etc.  You get the idea ...

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 15:08:49 »
 How about making him a tool belt with his initials on it? & perhaps a couple of hand tools for the lottie, he helps you with so much, the tools could be from the children?. Or how about his own sun chair for the lottie so he can have a rest. Good luck with whatever you choose. ;D ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 15:58:37 »
I would have said 'just what I always wanted' to all of those ideas. Crochet, knitted things, scarves, kinell! Just because we are getting older does not mean we want to look like our grandparents.

Get him a Motorhead cd or a good bottle of single malt and a nice big fat cigar.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 16:35:04 »
we used to make my dad home made choccies from the kids, photo album is a winner, we did one for ray's mum and dad for their 60th anniversary , like the idea of an apron :)

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 19:38:56 »
 ;D I'm with ACE on this one , most of the blokes of this age at my lottie site seem to love Queen!/ shades x
grow your own way

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 19:48:03 »
Get him a cap. If he's anything like my Tone he has to have his cap. They have been washed that much that they are shrinkin more and more, they fit me now
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal