Author Topic: crop rotation and double digging  (Read 9358 times)

ava_banana

• Acre
  • EmmaJane's handyman
Re: crop rotation and double digging
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2003, 01:36:58 »
...do the rest of us have to be subjected to such playground name calling and quoting....

....yes, this is a public forum, but this is also how public forums alienate the people who enjoy it most....

....only my personal opinion....just think it is TOTALLY unnecessary.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:12 by -1 »
....we are all visitors to this earth........enjoy your stay.....:)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2003, 02:01:24 »
Sorry...Suzy.......but....... you've got to admit........Hugh's eloquence is absolutely mind blowing !!

Can't fault his logic, either, Di. 8) - one cool dude, our Hugh - tho if he's going to be so cool after you and Suze have had him on the casting couch, who can tell?

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2003, 02:08:07 »
Lish......definitely a stayer :o  .....our Hugh..... ;)  ;)  ;)
Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2003, 12:01:16 »
Hold your horses! If anyone doesn't like something another person says or does, it doesn't mean you denounce the person as a whole.

I always had to laugh at Hugh's confrotational tones, not seldom directed at me. From the moment Richard joined, he is potrayed in a negative way and discredited by Hugh. This is not funny nor necessary in my view.

If you have this fantastic talent with language as Hugh does, it is very easy to talk others into a defensive corner but I'd rather see it used in a positive way as I have enjoyed here so often and still do.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing on the board but if you have a bone to pick with someone, there is the personal message function on this board. With this public display I can already see camps forming and it worries me.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2003, 17:19:25 »
Yay Ina and Ava.  Lets stop this whilst we can!  I have been down this route before somewhere else and it all ended in tears  :'(.  There were no winners, only loosers with the loss of many pals.

It's party season, my tutu and stiletto wellies are clean and at the ready, my maid marion outfits are back from the cleaners (gotta decide which one my bum doesn't look big in) and the sloe gin in bottled (well, what I haven't drunk during the necessary tasting session) and ready to be shared!   ;D

Lets carry on being the insane allotmenteers we all are !

Ozzy_aka_Pothead

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2003, 17:22:54 »
Yo Peeps

Well where shall I start?  firstly I think HUgh andRichard are displaying a load of humour,to me its just playful banter... and there posts to each other are hilarious, so much so, that they could have orchestrated this themselves? :)

whatever it is... I love it.. bit like listeninng to the neighbours havin a go at each other... just let it go on it will exhaust itself or provide us wiv a bit of drama? soz comedy drama ::)

anyroads thats my threepennuths

oZzY $:)

CUM ON HAVE A GO...IF U FINK UR HARD ENUFF :)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2003, 18:55:53 »
pals.

It's party season, my tutu and stiletto wellies are clean and at the ready, my maid marion outfits are back from the cleaners (gotta decide which one my bum doesn't look big in)

Hey Emma, we'll have no Dr. Atkins a spectre at the Feast here...you could be Lorelei..the mermaid who lures peeps onto the rocks excavated from their ponds? Never seen that she wears knickers...yeahhhhhh!!! way to go gal!!!

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2003, 20:13:54 »
So now the ground has shifted and the goalposts have been moved. It appears that I did not misquote, but for some reason am accused of misunderstanding something which was plain as a pikestaff for all to see and understand.

What we are now being told is that when Richard Filer says one thing he, in fact, means something different, but that if we do not readily understand that he means something different then we have either (a) Misquoted or (b)Deliberately Misunderstood him, according to whichever accusation he finds the more convenient to make at the time, but as these two expressions are also, apparently, interchangeable we are then expected to decide not only whether he means something different than what he says, but also whether he means Misunderstood when he says Misquoted, or Misquoted when he says Misunderstood - indeed with each successive posting of his it becomes ever more difficult to tread the minefield of his thoughts.  Nevertheless, any failure to do so apparently then provides him with the excuse for a hysterical tantrum in multicoloured and moving script - presumably because he finds difficulty in expressing himself in a more normal and acceptable manner.

Normal people, of course, who wish to discuss a subject on these boards, decide what they mean, and then say it. They do not expect the readers to display telepathic abilities to discover that something different is meant. Nor do they make themselves objectionable when they are quite reasonably taken at their word.

He then accuses me of nitpicking and suggests that I should stop posting.  If he has nits then certainly I would have no desire whatever to pick them.  However, I would point out that as almost every single posting he has made since his arrival on these boards has either started with or included a quote from somebody else`s posting he would appear to be more guilty of this than anybody else on the board.

Following his own advice, therefore, he should be the one to stop posting, and as he has such difficulty in saying what he means, or meaning what he says, the sooner the better before we all get as confused as he obviously is.

Oh for goodness sakes Hugh was that really nessesary!

Now who is the one nit picking? Hmm.

Quoting someone does not equal nitpicking, it just means I want to reply direct to your post and not to the discussion as a whole.

Using glows and flashes does not equal a tantrum. Its just sometimes using mere capitals or bold does not do justice to the feelings behind the words. Although i did use them the second time mainly because i wanted to wind you up (because you wound ME up with your ridiculous comments).

No I will not stop posting on this site, but what i will do is stop posting on this particular subject, which quite frankly has got out of hand, and everyone except you are fed up with it.

I am prepared to agree to differ with you. I will continue to can a spade a spade and you can continue to to call a spade a fork as far as i am concerned.

I appreciate i do use the wrong words from time to time, but there is no need to give me an english language lesson for doing so.

As far as i am concerned i try to say what I mean, and do not expect people to be mind readers. However If people choose to give their own diferent 9and wrong) meaning to what i say that is their problem not mine.

I did not come on this board to pick fights with people, such behavior is stressfull. I get enough stress on the BBC site thank you. I do though like a sensible reasoned discussion on a subject.

Now Hugh I will keep you happy and shut up

Richard

Hugh_Jones

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2003, 20:14:14 »
oZzY, your three pennuths are minted in gold.  However, it seems that you are only going to get tuppence ha`penny`s worth for your money after all.

Richard asks whether my previous posting was absolutely necessary. It was the inevitable consequence of "trying to wind me up" - a dangerous enterprise at any time.

Never mind! Back to the proper pantomime.

Ozzy_aka_Pothead

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2003, 03:11:51 »
Yo Hugh

but Ive paid for me 3 pennuths?

This has made me think.... I beteverysingle one of us has seen a totally utterly insane arguement for real. so I'll kick it off, one night a huge fight erupted in my local.... massive it wuz at pretty scary..not nice realy..but anyway... the argument/fight wuz over ........

WHICH WAY A COW KICKED? one was adamant that the cow could only kick from the knee???? so what ding dongs for dead stupid reasons has you lot seen?

oZzY %)

see I iz not moving around    
so much now......::)

Hugh_Jones

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2003, 18:44:31 »
Well, we nearly had one on the Beeb boards on whether runner beans twined clockwise or anticlockwise - and that was during the growing season when it was only necessary to go and look.

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2003, 19:28:27 »
.... I beteverysingle one of us has seen a totally utterly insane arguement for real.

Mine lasted 16 years...7 months... and 21 days!!   ::)
Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal