Author Topic: Does My Garden Plot look ok??  (Read 2059 times)

Vinnypeewee

• Not So New ...
Does My Garden Plot look ok??
« on: April 07, 2009, 19:34:45 »
hey there folks!!

Just thought i'd post some picx of my newly established garden plot put to gether by my self with the help of my Brother (sorry about the poor focus!!) . Wondering if anyone can spot anything obviously wrong, or give me some pointers as to how it could be improoved.

Got 2 rows of earlies... 2 Rows of garlic In and 2 rows of Onion sets.
Carrots planted high in the bath!! (Dads had 2 failed crops after carrot fly attack in normal beds so didnt risk it)
Broad beans are in and have been for a week after hardening off for a week or so. And a newly planted Rhubarb root planted under the apple tree.

In the Greenhouse got 3 small Tomatoe plants planted, 4 chilli plants coming on nicely, sweet pea's. and Runners planted. Plus Various Plant seeds (Giant african marigolds, begonias, etc etc)

Look forward too your Input and advice

Great Site and thanks all for ur info!!

Vince

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
Re: Does My Garden Plot look ok??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 19:43:18 »
looks good to me just hope that you put drainage in the bath or your carrots may rot :o
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

Vinnypeewee

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 19:46:40 »
looks good to me just hope that you put drainage in the bath or your carrots may rot :o

sure did!!!  was a Fiberglass bath so lots of 10mm holes in the bottom!!

cheers

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 20:10:42 »
looks great to me  ;D

runnerbean

• Not So New ...
  • Bean's been runnin!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 20:44:24 »
Well done, I did the same in my garden when my dogs died (sadly, but they were 17.5 and 15.5 years)Where are you out of interest?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 20:54:20 »
Looks fine to me.

Vinnypeewee

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 20:57:17 »
Well done, I did the same in my garden when my dogs died (sadly, but they were 17.5 and 15.5 years)Where are you out of interest?

Im In Anglesey North Wales...

I had Cleared about 20ft of garden where my shed and greenhouse now live!! It was over grown Brambles, Ivy and Conifers.... cleared it all, dug up all the roots/trunks  and took over some of the existing lawn and put a nice fence up too keep the little one out, so now its Child friendly and looks tidier.... = Keeps the other half happy!!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 21:13:38 »
Looks very organised to me. Lucky you, living on Anglesey- have had many a lovely holiday there.

runnerbean

• Not So New ...
  • Bean's been runnin!
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 21:34:31 »
Hi again, I also had a fence to keep the little one out, now 14 away from the dogs!  The fence is still there as OH likes his lawn safe from my plot and raised beds!  Also he can sh..t the rabbits from the kitchen window as and when they come through the hedge!!!.... also to keep them away from my brassicas!!!!... again well done - I'm in South Devon, do you own a Subaru?

Vinnypeewee

• Not So New ...
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 22:06:00 »
do you own a Subaru?

I used too own a subaru Impreza Yes??  how did you know???

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 10:24:57 »
Looks very good  :). I might have a small concern but that depends on which direction is South?

Vinnypeewee

• Not So New ...
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 13:50:54 »
Looks very good  :). I might have a small concern but that depends on which direction is South?

are you thinking that the runner bean Canes might block light into the greenhouse of cast a shadow over the plot??? 

If so its fine!!  south is  roughly where im stood  in tfirst picture!! so the whole plot gets great light all day!

Cheers

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 13:55:57 »

are you thinking that the runner bean Canes might block light into the greenhouse of cast a shadow over the plot??? 

If so its fine!!  south is  roughly where im stood  in tfirst picture!! so the whole plot gets great light all day!

Cheers

Bang on!  :) 

Vinnypeewee

• Not So New ...
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 14:13:06 »

Cheers

Bang on!  :) 

Thank you!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal