Author Topic: Does anyone live near a Phone Mast and are they effected ?  (Read 3913 times)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: Does anyone live near a Phone Mast and are they effected ?
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 14:41:45 »
Chris, 2 orders of magnitude wasn't not close for a Physicist when I studied. Perhaps they had a different syllabus at your university? I was at Manchester 1993 to 1997. Where were you?

Also, the point I made earlier, it's the biology that's the problem here, not the Physics. As you know, microwaves cause the water molecules in our cells to resonate & also (possibly as a result) to cause permanent changes to our DNA. We do not know enough about the processes or long term implications of these changes to declare them safe...

All well and good but your phone is providing your head with 10,000 times the microwave loading of the phone mast if you are using your phone normally and are stood 10 metres away from the mast...... given average urban cell spacing you're more likely to be about 100m away from the mast and that means your phone would be providing  1,000,000 times the microwave loading than the mast.
Physics deals with stuff from the Planck length (1.6x 10^-35 metres)to the width of the universe (about 7 x 10^22 m if my maths is correct).... a couple of orders of magnitude is nothing  much to worry about in the 75 or so that physics deals with :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal