Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW GARDENERS' WORLD?  (Read 10579 times)

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW GARDENERS' WORLD?
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2009, 20:40:33 »
What, do you mean they are talking flobber lobber? :)

Lottie103

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2009, 21:35:22 »
Oh, I dunno  ???. I agree - it's all a bit of a mish mash of ill fitting pieces (especially the `what's hot' section) & all the chumminess is so overhammed it's painful, but overall I don't mind it. I quite like the jolly little picture / tune thing they use to divide the sections of the program.

I do wish I'd seen tonight's asparagus bed bit a few weeks ago tho.... a much better way than my lobbing them in at the right depth (not that my way didn't work too).

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2009, 21:55:35 »
I got ticked off by husband tonight.  I considered they were being patronising in treating their audience as if they were completely stupid know-nothings.  Husband said they were taking account of people who really didn't know first principles of gardening.

I just about tolerated the item on mixing seed with sand to broadcast in a bed - though it did drag on a bit long. What I didn't get was why we then had to spend even more time watching him mix a lot of seed in a lot of sand and then spread it over a really big area.  Surely even the complete amateurs got it the first time?  ::)  Too self-indulgent and too much of a filler item.
Tread softly, for you tread on my greens.

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2009, 22:00:37 »
This is how the government are going to try and get everyone to eat their 5 a day without paying advertising costs, methinks.  ::)

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2009, 22:02:33 »
This is how the government are going to try and get everyone to eat their 5 a day without paying advertising costs, methinks.  ::)

You too can have your five a day grown in your very own London garden (probably only around a couple of million or so quid to buy), and look like Sara Cox.  Who doesn't actually look like she eats five a day of anything - except maybe rice cakes.  ::)  ;)
Tread softly, for you tread on my greens.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2009, 18:04:22 »
shame, I missed it  ;D ;D

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2009, 18:33:51 »
That BEECH GROVE GARDEN SHOW ~BBC2 SCOTLAND was like a soft cuddly breath of fresh air !  ;D
Gardeners World could learn a lesson or two !!

Duke ;)
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2009, 21:25:28 »
I don't think I like the new Gardners World - seems to be a little boring at times. But I am not sure what needs to be done to pep it up - other than talking to us like we weren't nine yr olds.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2009, 21:31:26 »
I quite like it, cause it sent me to sleep.  Very relaxing and pleasant, even missed East Enders to watch it, but kept switching back to watch Phil drunk and other unpleasant things.  I agree it is a programme (Gardeners World, not Eastenders) I could watch with my grandchildren, although they are bored with it and would rather watch 'Dr Who' as one is in love with David Tennant.  I pretend I am in 'love' with Alan Titchmarsh and she is not impressed.

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2009, 21:40:24 »
I don't like it...too "chummy/dumbed down". I am by no means an expert but it reminded me of a cross between Blue Peter/Greenham Common. It was more like a kiddies show than a gardening one.

I learned sooooo much from Geoff Hamilton, he inspired me...made my own coldframes years ago because of him.....he made you think/realise that you could have a nice garden without a huge budget
 This lot make me cringe  and irritate me due to the hamminess and pretend relationships.

Beechgrove Garden is super! Used to watch it when living at home in Glasgow :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 21:44:04 by Hector »
Jackie

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2009, 00:29:10 »
I used to live round the corner from the beechgrove garden.

Aberdeens an odd place, I know cause thats where I'm from.

Its quite often really sunny so you go out with a t-shirt on, only to discover the wind chill has brought the temperature down to -35 and you instantly turn into an ice cube.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal