Produce > Pests & Diseases

Cabbage Whites

(1/4) > >>

tim:
Why, pray, is there no predator for their beastly offspring?

What are all those sparrows & things doing?  For that matter, can't one train them to eat cabbage whitefly? = Tim

Mrs Ava:
Well I don't know if it was the birds, or just that the caterpillars were ready to cocoon themselves up and then flutter away, but my sprouting brocolli was looking a sorry state, covered in caterpillars, so I oiked back the netting and decided the plants would have to fend for themselves.  In no time the wrigglies are all gone and new undamaged foliage began to grown and not a caterpillar in site!  Today I picked my first 'proper' head of broc which we had with roast chook for dinner and it was devine!

Multiveg:
I have some sorry looking nasturtiums next to sorry looking bright lights chard :( therefore needed to have a caterpillar squishing session or two.

Jill:
Garden full of birds: sparrows, blackbirds, starlings and others.  Also full of caterpillars.  Nasturtiums are a mess.  They didn't seem to like PFA foliage tho'.  If you find a bird trainer Tim, can I borrow him after?

tim:
Maybe I should stop feeding the d....d things in the hope of enlisting their help? = Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version