Author Topic: Video  (Read 2751 times)

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
Video
« on: April 01, 2009, 09:03:20 »
I ordered the Toshiba Camileo H10 HD Camcorder Friday evening, it arrived Tuesday morning. Tried it out Tuesday afternoon after charging the battery. Very satisfied with the quality of the camera and the pictures.
I think spare batteries will be essential for a day out. Battery charging is done in camera and takes several hours. Must get a separate charger later. The SDHC cards need an SDHC reader as well (although you can use normal SD cards).
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

Larkshall

• Hectare
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
Re: Video
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:37:49 »
I have now received the SDHC card reader and two spare batteries. 16GB card gives 12 hrs recording at HD setting (1280 x 720pixels).

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 08:23:18 »
My biggest complaint about Sony, possibly other makes too, is their cheap attitude to new buyers. Quality goods but why not supply a decent size battery or even two? And they are well known for supplying a low size storage medium.
 My first task after buying Sony goods is almost always to buy batt's and medium which I think should already be in the box.
 Still, you have a good item there, time to get trecking!

Larkshall

• Hectare
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 22:20:03 »
Yes, that's the hidden costs.

Good news, I found that the HP Photosmart C4280 all in one printer does read the SDHC card in its card slot (I didn't expect it to). I find that the HD standard (1270 x 720 pixels) is almost as good as TV definition with the commercial cameras. Projecting it with the Epson S1 projector gives extremely good quality. Taken all round I'm very happy with it.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal