Author Topic: SINK POND  (Read 4242 times)

betula

• Hectare
SINK POND
« on: April 19, 2009, 13:28:57 »
I want to turn this old sink into a small pond.Do you think it will work well?

Any ideas for planting welcome. ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: SINK POND
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 17:33:58 »
Hi Betula

I think it'll look lovely.   :)

You'll need to source some marginal plants because it doesn't look very deep.  For my tiny pond I settled on Marsh Marigold, Brooklime and a dwarf Bulrush. 

Good luck with the project and do show us some 'after' photos. 

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 18:42:15 »
hi betula,cant make out the pic very well but it looks nice! we used a double belfast sink,was going great till we realised it was leaing,and nearly all the water had gone when husband went up to the lottie today.he is now desperately rooting round to take all the taddies and newts out,then will use some aquriaum sealant around the plug area.
so do be warned,make sure its all sealed and very well!! (yes this would have seemed obvious to a normal person,but not to us,we thought the weight of the water would hold the universal plug over the plug hole)
good luck!
rach
x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 20:41:46 »
Thank you Georgie,I will post some pics,no use for alpines as the rabbits keep coming and having a go.

Elvis if you click the picture it will enlarge.We were talking about ways to fill the hole on chat last night. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal