Author Topic: Mini greenhouse.. read the instructions!  (Read 2484 times)

lewic

• Hectare
Mini greenhouse.. read the instructions!
« on: March 02, 2009, 21:54:24 »
Bought myself a mini greenhouse from Wilko at the weekend http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/invt/0273090

Looked quite sturdy and the plastic better quality than some I've seen, but the instructions are cr@p and I've managed to crack several of the fittings that the poles plug into, as I did it in the wrong order (ie tried to build it from bottom up, rather than front + back separately then join it together with the side bits last). Might also have helped if I'd read the instructions rather than just looking at the picture..

Havent got time to take it back this weekend so have gaffered up the fittings and hopefully that should keep it in place til the end of the season.. when I shall take it back and get a replacement for next year!

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Re: Mini greenhouse.. read the instructions!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 17:36:14 »
I built one for extra warmth for the seeds in the greenhouse, looks the same, got it last year in a discount shop at the end of summer for six quid.

I spent time separating the bits before I started and had no problems at all putting it together. I started at the bottom and worked upwards. (much to his disgust, he was digging and I know he was watching waiting for me to ask for help).

If you are taking it back for a refund, make sure that they have run out of stock first or they might just give you a replacement.

Jokerman

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 23:08:43 »
the really are a ball ache!!!!!!!!!!!                  :-[ :'(
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ Tolkien

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 12:15:57 »
Don't tip the remains, I have two excellent tall netting cages for sprouts/kale/PSB made from these dead greenhouses...  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal