Author Topic: Wyvale no longer 10% off  (Read 1282 times)

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
Wyvale no longer 10% off
« on: March 24, 2009, 17:06:22 »
I went to my local Wyvale today.  In a rush, I had lots to do, but went because I wanted several things and thought I would get my 10% off.  It seems they have scrapped the discount for oldies and introduced a points system.  The poor cashier was explaining the system to each customer.   A long line of mostly pensioners waited.   I gave up.  I really hadn't time to spend.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Wyvale no longer 10% off
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 21:00:30 »
Hello! Sorry, meant to post about this last Tuesday, which is when the Penshner's Discount Day stopped. I mailed Wyvale saying that I supposed that they had done an audit on Tuesday sales? Certainly it is the one of two days a week when the local shop is full (the other being Saturday). I pointed out that I shop (and spend a LOT) on behalf of "my laydees" who, at their age, weren't interested in accumulating 'points' to be redeemed in vouchers every three months, but rather that they liked their immediate discount saving on their pension money :-\ I also made the point that our local Wyvale is in direct competition with Homebase, B&Q, Wilkinsons, Wickes and of course the local greengrocers/florists - all within easy distance and free to reach with their Travel Passes & B'ham's Ring and Ride Service. I checked my accounts for last year & find that I had spent over £550 with them.... Wyvales was only 'cheap' because I was able to get a list of their requirements, from soil/gravel/tools etc. to plants,  and easily shop for them because it is local to me. Shan't be doing that any more - without that discount their prices are too high. Shame.

Should you wish to make your comments to them, you can Google 'Wyvale' and there is a link to click on to to register your comments/complaints.

Might help to get the scheme reinstated - perhaps. :-\

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 09:36:08 »
Thanks for your reply.  Says it much better than I could.  I went to th onee in Bournville,  and was not impressed.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 09:42:23 »
SNAP! That's the one I use ;D....and I forgot to mention to you (tho remembered in my email to them 8))..that Morrisons is a Ring'n'Ride trip away, as is Lidl in Kings Heath and Aldi in Bournbrook.

These days, can they afford the loss of income - any income?

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 09:52:44 »
Sorry about my spelling.  The door bell rang and I tried to rush my reply.  I do agree about the other stores.  Some very good offers.  I think I saw on here that Morrison's have an offer on for  chicken pellets.   By the way there is an offer at a greengrocers in Midland Road Cotteridge.  Growbags 99p each and they are quite good ones. 

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 10:39:07 »
meant to post about this last Tuesday, which is when the Penshner's Discount Day stopped. I mailed Wyvale saying that I supposed that they had done an audit on Tuesday sales?
Should you wish to make your comments to them, you can Google 'Wyvale' and there is a link to click on to to register your comments/complaints.

Might help to get the scheme reinstated - perhaps. :-\

'Boss' and I visited Louth (Lincolnshire) branch last Tuesday, same palaver at checkout, poor staff having to explain 10% card finished.
We were not big spenders at Wyvale but will not be returning, like Hyacinth's 'laydees' we like to see our discounts up front and in real cash.

Most Wyevale items were overpriced anyway compared to B&Q and Focus even a local family owned Garden Centre could beat their prices on plants.

Indeed Focus have changed their 'wrinklies' card to 10% off at all times (not just Tuesday)  ;D

North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 10:56:50 »
 By the way there is an offer at a greengrocers in Midland Road Cotteridge.  Growbags 99p each and they are quite good ones. 

SNAP again!  I always buy my growbags from them (except one disastrous year when I went Orl Organic & Ethical & bought peat-free rubbish at enormous expense - disaster :o). They're excellent & they've been at 99p for a few years, it seems...I particularly like the lady there who loads them into your car and calls you "chuck" :D

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 13:39:50 »
Just been to get some more growbags.  Sold out.  May have some in Thursday of next week.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal