Author Topic: What a flaming night!  (Read 12754 times)

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
Re: What a flaming night!
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2009, 11:07:56 »
i have also been following this thread and just wanted you to know that i'm thinking and rooting for yah!  :D

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2009, 11:59:47 »
How about some Micro Tom seed for the window sill? PM me if you'd like a few.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2009, 22:42:29 »
Thanks Barnowl, it's v much appreciated. 

Just realised my essay has to be in next tues and not next fri as I thought - bugger bugger bugger!!!  Wonder if I write better on rose wine and tramadol?! lol  Only one way to find out!  Just the one glass I promise!   ;D ;D
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

calamityjayneuk

• Half Acre
  • Stanley, Co Durham
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2009, 09:32:45 »
Hi Posie

Just spotted this thread, what an awful time you've had.

Just keep going forward that's what I say, and although it will be slow, one day you will wake up feeling better with a 2:1 and a big sense of achievement.

Sending you hugs and healing vibes - was about to suggest sending you plants for the windowsill but not sure how I would post them  ;)

Jayne
When I'm not working, I'm diggin' or craftin'

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2009, 23:27:32 »
Aw that's very kind of you Jayne, unfortunately I only have one dog proof windowsill!  I have 2 springers who seem to think that if it's not theirs then it's fair game!!!  One of them insists on eating my lily every year and is sick for 3 days every time - springers are most certainly intelligent yet desperately lacking in common sense!!!  I managed to do a little in the garden today, just tidied it up and put some marigolds and things in, boys did all the lifting and sweeping.  And today we cleaned out the lottie shed (which someone has broken into and stolen my incinerator  >:( >:( >:( ) and handed the keys back, was a bit of a sad moment  :(  Of course all this was total procrastination because i know this essay is going to bore me rigid - nothing like leaving a 4k essay to the last minute lol

Thanks to you all again.  Can't tell you how much better I feel with all the support I've had on here, ever since I've joined, but particularly over the last few weeks, there have been days when I've thought of just giving everything up and moping round but the posts on here have brightened me up and allowed me to wallow when I need to and kick myself up the butt when necessary.  :) :)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2009, 10:07:25 »
Just a quick update before I pass out for the day, somehow I managed to get the essay done and in on time  ;D.  But boy am I paying for it!  Still, least I can take a couple of days rest now before I start revising.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2009, 16:27:51 »
Yuck, I have become addicted to the painkillers, didn't realise Tramadol was so addictive until after not taking them for 2 days I woke up this morning swearing blind I had flu.  Just done some research and yep, all symptoms point to withdrawal from Tramadol.  Back down to the docs for me I think.  :(

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2009, 16:56:59 »
Posie take care, coming off pain killers can be really nasty (as you're finding out!)  Is there anyway you can keep on them until you've finished your exams? That way you could deal with 1 thing at a time?

Take Care

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2009, 17:01:48 »
That's a good point actually 1066, hadn't even considered that.  Hmmm will have to give that some thought.

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2009, 17:06:12 »
Obviously that's only my thoughts, I'm sure you'll figure out the best way for you  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2009, 17:36:05 »
I was prescribed tramadol in A&E for arthritis pain, I couldn't cope with feeling so 'fogged', my doc said some can cope and others can't..do what's best for you, posie..last time they tried to give me meptid(morphine) with a morphine drink between  :o
I'd rather have the pain and paracetemol  ;D

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2009, 21:11:04 »
I seem to be able to function reasonably well on them, until later in the evening when they do wipe me out a bit.  But the dependency thing is worrying.  Got another xray tomorrow so we'll see what that shows up and then make some decisions from there I think.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2009, 22:06:07 »
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... I just max out on Codeine Phosphate...
trying acupuncture at the moment.. well you never know...  :-X

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2009, 22:36:49 »
My Aunt had acupuncture as she had arthritus in her skull and neck and after all the tablets she took and weight she lost, it was the only thing that worked.  She's gone from barely able to move and being violently sick when she did, to almost full mobility, walking and driving again.  And she was difficult to convince on that, she's always been a stickler for conventional medicine, but she's definitely a convert now.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2009, 20:30:42 »
Well the fracture hasn't moved any more, so the consultant doesn't want to see me now until I've had the mri scan which is on 27th, what will happen after that is anyones guess!

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2009, 23:01:47 »
i'm happy to hear it hasn't gotten any worse, just keep your chin up :).

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2009, 07:43:16 »
just to echo what Thifasmom says in that it hasn't got any worse - so that must be a positive thing then!?!
take care

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2009, 13:35:32 »
Well I'm more livid than I ever thought possible.  I received a letter today from the keystone cops (no offence to any officers on here, but you'd have to live here to experience it and I've had no positive experiences).  The driver who totalled my car, fractured my spine and injured my son is to face no action, yep that's right, no action.  She gets to walk away scot free with just a few extra quid to pay on her premiums.  Meanwhile I face an uncertain few months, not knowing whether or not I can work and not knowing what the hell is going on with my back.  I am crying with rage right now.  >:( >:( >:(

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2009, 15:14:21 »
Aw Posie, just spotted this. Not sure what to say but rage away on here for starters.
I know complaints procedures exist for the police but not sure if they are worth trying  ??
Take care

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2009, 15:22:31 »
Thanks 1066.  They didn't even speak to the other driver until 10 days ago (2 months after the accident) and then only because I rang to get further information from them.  She apparently claimed that she was driving considerably under the speed limit as she was approaching the junction - if that's the case and she was driving so slowly, then how in hells name did she manage to "not see" my car??!! I know it's not productive, but I am SO angry right now I can't think straight.  And to top it all I have an exam on Friday.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal