Author Topic: jade goody  (Read 7241 times)

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
Re: jade goody
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 17:58:42 »
I don't think she was thick, just uneducated. They're not the same thing.

Thatsmy thinking too!

The sad thing in all this is that she knew she was uneducated and wanted to make sure her boys had a better chance in life!

Who can knock that?

I don't hear people criticising the enequal education in this country!  It's all very well for the likes of David Cameron to spout on about people doing well if they try hard and want it enough...........it must be a whole lot easier when you go to Eton!  The education system is a bl**dy shambles!

Louise

Grow yer bugger grow!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 18:36:10 »
I criticise the stupid education system no end. If the government would just give schools the money they need to do the job properly, and let them get on with it, we could still be world class.

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 19:47:50 »
wow,  for the first time  I'm using my ignore button,Ollie C you nasty little man.
grow your own way

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 19:52:11 »
...and just for you, I've removed what I said... no need to upset people, whatever their views.  :-X

I wish I could get as emotional as you about someone I'd never met. You must have a big heart!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 19:54:17 by OllieC »

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 19:53:34 »
wow,  for the first time  I'm using my ignore button,Ollie C you nasty little man.
i was wondering what that was about
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 19:56:21 »
i was wondering what that was about

I said something not nice about her being racist... I also said it was sad for her kids but people only read what they want to  ::)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 19:58:07 »
Blimey, Ollie, what on earth did you say?  I was about to put in my two-penny-worth, but think on reflection I had better keep my mouth shut. 

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
The Tuscan Beaneater

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 20:07:26 »
It was nothing, and I deleted it to keep the peace but already regret deleting it. Old Angel Shades must've been having an early bank holiday tipple.

I said that I didn't think it was all that bad. I said she was racist, it is a shame for her kids, and I'm glad that the telly won't be full of hysteria over a racist who delighted in being ignorant.

There are worse things. 200 odd people die in an earthquake, that's a tragedy. 1,000 Palestinian civilians killed as we (Britain) sit around doing nothing (apart from selling the weapons), that's a tragedy. A racist, ignorant bigot dieing with those she loved around her, from a natural but horrible death just isn't all that much of a tragedy.

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 20:23:09 »
Ollie, tragedy isn't measured by scale.  Those things you talk about are indeed tragedies there are many in this world.  A young mother dying and leaving young kids behind is a tragedy whether it is Jade Goody or a mother dying of aids in Africa.

I think she learned a great deal from the 'race' experience and learning life lessons in public must be a hard thing to do.  Don't you think that people can learn and change?  She clearly wanted her children to be better educated than she was?

However, you should be entitled to your opinion without being called nasty and made to feel that you have to remove your posts.

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 20:32:09 »
I agree lushy, and immediately went for the delete to keep the peace... then thought about it for a few minutes and got annoyed about being called names!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 20:47:51 »
I felt that was about class more than race.

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 21:04:19 »
Jade was mixed race herself, so any racism was just Jade saying daft stuff. I never disliked her but she was always an obvious target for the fickle press.

Young people could relate to her because she was genuine, warts and all. An unusual thing on TV nowadays.

She'll have a continuing big and positive effect on smear tests.

Anyway sometimes 'educated' people are the most devious users of them all. Knowledge can be used in selfish ways to keep people down and therefore you 'up'.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 21:07:40 by sawfish »

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 21:08:49 »
I lost someone I loved recently from cancer, and every time I read about Jade Goody it brings it all back. I have never seen BB and have no opinion on the racist allegations, but I applaud her for having the guts and the nous to invite the media in. Had she not done this they would have hounded her anyway, camping outside the hospital pestering relatives, asking whether she was dead yet.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 21:19:26 »
I read what you wrote Ollie and support you.

Duke :)
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 21:56:00 »

And me.

Its amazing how people can change opinion to suit the mood, before she got cancer nobody gave two hoots about Jade and most thought the same as Ollie wrote here but once she was diagnosed she was the worlds best friend, very strange!

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2009, 01:43:53 »

And me.

Its amazing how people can change opinion to suit the mood, before she got cancer nobody gave two hoots about Jade and most thought the same as Ollie wrote here but once she was diagnosed she was the worlds best friend, very strange!

I know what you mean. I just think she was portrayed as horrible by the press due to her naivity rather than actually being a particularly horrible person.

Personally I find people like Philip Schofield or Richard Madeley more horrible due to their smarmy TV personalities. Nobody notices them though cause they 'fit in'.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2009, 17:39:30 »
For once  I have to agree with 'Ollie' about racism, what is this country going to do about the persecution and murder of white farmers in many African counties just because they are white,  'Ollie' with all your PC views you are mocking the dead which is a disgrace I just hope Max Clifford gets his nails into you or that Jack Tweed,

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2009, 18:24:33 »

Naive, ignorant and a totally '' open and honest person '', prey to TV and the media,

vunerable in adverse situations  --  B B, a set up if ever I saw one !

For the first time since her passing, I watched a programme when Jade opened

her Beauty Salon and a trip she went on - to Dubai, ' is it in India ' ! even her boyfriend at the time

didn't know !  She came out with a laughing remark about ' poppadoms ! she had no concept of

what rascism was !

I don't know what I would have done in her shoes,  to not hold and be able to smell my babbies

at bathtime again -      The lady had guts  -  enough for me.

Hertfordshire,   south east England

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2009, 19:09:26 »
For once  I have to agree with 'Ollie' about racism, what is this country going to do about the persecution and murder of white farmers in many African counties just because they are white,  'Ollie' with all your PC views you are mocking the dead which is a disgrace I just hope Max Clifford gets his nails into you or that Jack Tweed,

Smiffy, you crack me up! Nobody's ever accused me of being pc... still, at least you talk about it when we disagree, instead of the childish personal attack followed by the ignore button angle went for! A little melodramatic, methinks.  ::) but no big deal. And it would be a very boring world if everyone thought the same.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2009, 19:14:16 »

I assume you're referring to Zimbabwe. Someone needs to sort out that particular monster urgently, but after having occupied the country for a couple of generations, we're not the people to do it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal