Author Topic: Done it again!  (Read 1209 times)

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
Done it again!
« on: May 19, 2009, 17:57:58 »
Needed some heavy duty wire to string between two post to make a framework for espalier apple trees I'm growing. Cost? About 4 quid for a 20 meter roll.

So how come, by the time I got to the till, I'd spent another 75 quid?

I thought I had enough cabbages, pumpkins, butternuts and tomatoes already, among all the other things I bought... It's just that they looked so healthy and, well, you can never have too many cabbages and, my butternuts might not do as well as last year and, the tomatoes I bought I've never grown before and they looked unusual, and, and... Well, you know how it is!

Which brings me to the tomatoes I bought, Black Cherry, anyone any experience of them?. They looked so unusual so I bought a couple of plants.

Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Done it again!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 18:02:58 »
An excellent choice, Black cherry tom, like Sungold very vigerous cordon, better taste IMHO... (We could have sold you one cheaper...)  ::)

small

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 18:19:00 »
Hi Saddad, this is a personal for you really.
I'm new to the forum: I've seen several references you've made to 'the sale': can you bear to tell me what and where this sale is? I'm near Derby and a sucker for plant buying.
Thanks.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 18:21:25 »
Welcome to A4A Small...
 We are opening our Lotties for the NGS scheme on the 7th June 11-5 (£3 to charity) but have a big plant sale.... see the entry in the News section...
 ;D

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 05:58:21 »
It is called Supermarket Sucker Syndrome.

I have never gone in for a bottle of milk or loaf of bread and spent less than £15 yet!

Do you think that they put certain things we 'pop in for'  right at the far end of the shop deliberately?

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 08:19:03 »
It is called Supermarket Sucker Syndrome.

If it was a supermarket I'd have no problem. I'm what's known as an SAS hit man shopper. Get in, get what I want and get out again fast. If I go in for a pint of milk that's exactly what I get and all I come out with.

It's just garden centers and fishing tackle shops I have a problem with.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal