Author Topic: Polianthes tuberosa 'The Pearl'  (Read 1409 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Polianthes tuberosa 'The Pearl'
« on: February 14, 2009, 20:15:17 »
I like the sound of this summer flowering bulb.  I gather that it is 'highly fragrant' but can anyone tell me what sort of scent it has?  Thanks.   :)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: Polianthes tuberosa 'The Pearl'
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 18:02:11 »
Eighty-eight views and not one reply.  :(  Surely someone grows this lovely plant?   ???

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 18:15:52 »
I wasn't one of the 88 - I must have missed this post the first time round.  Just googled it as I hadn't heard of it before - hmmmm, where's me plastic?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
The Tuscan Beaneater

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 18:20:40 »
Hi Georgie,

I hadn't seen your post either and can't help you as I had to google them too, they look pretty though, and I would love to see an answer to your question, good luck. :)

T.x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 20:23:08 »
Thanks for your replies, Asbean and Tulipa.  :)

I get rather cross when plants are described as 'highly fragrant' without an indication of what the scent is.  For example I love the scent of Lilies and Jasmine but cannot abide anything that smells of vanilla or chocolate. (Yes, I know I'm odd!) 

I do hope someone will be able to put me out of my misery soon.   :)

G x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal